Autocorrect Initial Capital of sentence

G

At times, particularly after some words that end with the letter "s," Word doesn't capitalize the letter of the next sentence. I see it consistently with the word "pus" (I type medical text) but also occasionally with other words. However, most of the time Word capitalizes the first letter of the sentence correctly, and so far it's only with "s" that I find this. Does anyone know if this is fixable, or is it maybe just a bug?

C

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi =?Utf-8?B?S0JT?=,
At times, particularly after some words that end with the letter "s," Word doesn't capitalize the letter of the next sentence. I see it consistently with the word "pus" (I type medical text) but also occasionally with other words. However, most of the time Word capitalizes the first letter of the sentence correctly, and so far it's only with "s" that I find this. Does anyone know if this is fixable, or is it maybe just a bug?
Which version of Word? A quick test, using the term you mention, doesn't give any problems in Word 2003...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update Sep 30 2003)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :)

S

Suzanne S. Barnhill

In Tools | AutoCorrect [Options], look at the Exceptions to see if you can
find an explanation. And if you have the box for "Automatically add words to
list" checked, uncheck it, as this can cause many entries to be created
unintentionally.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so
all may benefit.

KBS said:
At times, particularly after some words that end with the letter "s," Word
doesn't capitalize the letter of the next sentence. I see it consistently
with the word "pus" (I type medical text) but also occasionally with other
words. However, most of the time Word capitalizes the first letter of the
sentence correctly, and so far it's only with "s" that I find this. Does
anyone know if this is fixable, or is it maybe just a bug?

Ask a Question