    have tried the "auto text replace" feature, but it doesn't do what Word 2000
    did. I have spent hours and hours both on the computer and books. I am
    totally frustrated. Please help!!!!! Linda Morrow

    Linda4343, Jan 28, 2009

  2. Linda4343

    Greg Maxey Guest

    Linda,

    "Dear ..." I was prompted to "Dear Sir or Madam:"

    If your instructor typed "Dear ..." on his computer and was prompted with
    "Dear Sir or Madam" and he is using Word2007 then his particular
    installation of Word2007 is unlike any that I have ever seen or heard of
    because the Show AutoComplete Suggestions feature has unfortunately been
    removed from Word2007.

    The date completion feature does still work. type Janu and a prompt
    "January (Press enter to insert)" should still appear. Press enter and
    "January" is inserted. Don't press enter but continue to type out January +
    a space and "January 28, 2009 (Press enter to insert)" should appear.

    All is not lost. If you type Dear then press F3 your BuildingBlock defined
    for "Dear" should still appear. For more on Word2007 Building Blocks see:

    http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Word2007_Building_Blocks_&_AutoText.htm

    --
    Greg Maxey - Word MVP

    My web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org
    Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

    Greg Maxey, Jan 28, 2009
  3. Linda4343

    CyberTaz Guest

    Well, AutoCorrect continues to operate pretty much the same as in the past
    several versions. However, AutoComplete is what has been axed:) although it
    should still work only for Dates.

    The AutoText feature still exists but the entries don't insert on pressing
    the Enter key in Word 2007. However, if you start to type a known item that
    would normally insert an AutoText Item you can press F3 to finish it.

    Have a go at Word's Help on Quick Parts & Building Blocks.

    HTH |:>)
    Bob Jones
    [MVP] Office:Mac

    On 1/28/09 4:39 PM, in article