Auto refresh browser until change?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've done quite a bit of Googling for a bit of software that will allow me to refresh a page in a browser (at a set interval) until a change is detected. Has anyone seen a plugin or extension that can do something like this? :confused:

I've found lots of auto-refresh software, but it will just keep on going at a set interval - rather than stopping once the text on the page has changed.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You could try using a .bat file to auto refresh

Not sure how I can refresh a browser with a batch file? Or detect changes in the HTML on the page and get it to stop? :confused:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks TC :thumb: - those are so close to what I'm after! The only problem is that they are standalone, so it wouldn't be possible for me to log in to a site beforehand (which is required in this instance).

I've had a good hunt and can't see any plugins that do this for IE/FF/Chrome - so I've just resorted to manually keeping an eye on the page and pressing F5 every half hour.

Thanks for the help guys :)

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I've had a good hunt and can't see any plugins that do this for IE/FF/Chrome - so I've just resorted to manually keeping an eye on the page and pressing F5 every half hour.

Thanks for the help guys :)

IS the site/page one that yu have built ? If so you can use Javascript to do what you want done.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Can I be nosey Ian, and ask what is it's purpose?

Sure, it's for an appointment system and it would save me time checking every hour or so if I know there's been a change :)

IS the site/page one that yu have built ? If so you can use Javascript to do what you want done.

Unfortunately it's not something I've built, so I'm just going to stick with the manual method for now - it's only for a few days, I just like to automate things :).

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
One more go - can't resist a challenge :D.

C4C (Check for Change)

Usage:

1. Select the text you want monitored for updates.

2. Right-Click. On the Check4Change context menu, select the time interval. The tab icon will indicate this page is being monitored by changing to C4C.

It's a FF add-on: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/check4change/

TC: You may just have hit a goldmine and hope it is what Ian is looking for! :D

Just added it on me browser too! :bow:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
PERFECT :thumb:

Thank you so much TC - that looks like it's just the job :cheers:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score

72unvr.jpg