Auto increment version of a Window's service.

Mr.Magic

I have a Window's service that i would like to have it automatically
increment the version number. I've tried putting [assembly:
AssemblyVersion("1.0")] in the assemblyinfo.cs file and it doesn't
increment.

Any way to do this?

TIA - Jeff.

Mr.Magic

I tried that. Here's the message I get:

Error emitting 'System.Reflection.AssemblyVersionAttribute' attribute --
'The version specified '1.0.*.*' is invalid'
D:\Marlin\Software\Yellowbrix Weather and
News\NewsAndWeatherService\NewsAndWeatherService\Properties\AssemblyInfo.cs
32 12 NewsAndWeatherService

Patrice said:
This is 1.0.*.*

--
Patrice

Mr.Magic said:
I have a Window's service that i would like to have it automatically
increment the version number. I've tried putting [assembly:
AssemblyVersion("1.0")] in the assemblyinfo.cs file and it doesn't
increment.

Any way to do this?

TIA - Jeff.

Mr.Magic

I tried that. Here's the message I get:

Error emitting 'System.Reflection.AssemblyVersionAttribute' attribute --
'The version specified '1.0.*.*' is invalid'
D:\Marlin\Software\Yellowbrix Weather and
News\NewsAndWeatherService\NewsAndWeatherService\Properties\AssemblyInfo.cs
32 12 NewsAndWeatherService

Patrice said:
This is 1.0.*.*

--
Patrice

Mr.Magic said:
I have a Window's service that i would like to have it automatically
increment the version number. I've tried putting [assembly:
AssemblyVersion("1.0")] in the assemblyinfo.cs file and it doesn't
increment.

Any way to do this?

TIA - Jeff.

Ignacio Machin ( .NET/ C# MVP )

Mr.Magic said:
I have a Window's service that i would like to have it automatically
increment the version number. I've tried putting [assembly:
AssemblyVersion("1.0")] in the assemblyinfo.cs file and it doesn't
increment.
Any way to do this?
TIA - Jeff.

It's 1.0.*

Ignacio Machin ( .NET/ C# MVP )

Mr.Magic said:
I have a Window's service that i would like to have it automatically
increment the version number. I've tried putting [assembly:
AssemblyVersion("1.0")] in the assemblyinfo.cs file and it doesn't
increment.
Any way to do this?
TIA - Jeff.

It's 1.0.*

Mr.Magic

That worked thanks.

Patrice said:
Oops and what if you try "1.0.*"...

Don't do what I do and always start by checking the doc :

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.reflection.assemblyversionattribute(VS.80).aspx

---
Patrice

Mr.Magic said:
I tried that. Here's the message I get:

Error emitting 'System.Reflection.AssemblyVersionAttribute' attribute --
'The version specified '1.0.*.*' is invalid'
D:\Marlin\Software\Yellowbrix Weather and
News\NewsAndWeatherService\NewsAndWeatherService\Properties\AssemblyInfo.cs
32 12 NewsAndWeatherService

Patrice said:
This is 1.0.*.*

--
Patrice

discussion : uGsWRM#[email protected]...

Mr.Magic said:
I tried that. Here's the message I get:

Error emitting 'System.Reflection.AssemblyVersionAttribute' attribute --
'The version specified '1.0.*.*' is invalid'
D:\Marlin\Software\Yellowbrix Weather and
News\NewsAndWeatherService\NewsAndWeatherService\Properties\AssemblyInfo.cs
32 12 NewsAndWeatherService

Patrice said:
This is 1.0.*.*