auto flow for text

I run the captioned theater program at work. I copy a word version of the
current script and I paste it into a slide that is formatted to have one text
box, black background and a yellow font.

Is there a way that - simular to Publisher - that once the text is pasted
into the slide, Powerpoint would ask if I want the text to flow to another
slide and then it wouuld let me know haw many slides were added.

This would make life MUCH easier!

Glen Millar

Hi,

You can do it with Smart tags but it is manual. That is, with placeholders
full of text, the little smart tag will allow you to put the excess text on
the next slide.

You can link text boxes together in Word (2003) and copy the source text
(not the boxes) and paste special into PowerPoint. But they all end up on
one single slide. So not many options, I'm afraid.

Glen Millar
Microsoft PPT MVP

Tutorials and PowerPoint animations at
www.pptworkbench.com

glen at pptworkbench dot com

Please tell us your PowerPoint / Windows version,
whether you are using vba, or
anything else relevant

"Captioned Theater Annie" <Captioned Theater
news:D[email protected]...