AUTO FILTER OR ADVANCED FILTER

G

This discussion Group has veen a great help
Now that I have been able to view my duplicates for the past few months, I would like to know how I can set it up where it automatically ,in a new sheet, shows me the the data sorted by address of the current week that is a duplicate of a previous week. Ive been looking at www.contextures.com/ but I cant seem to find an example that would help me out. I think it would have something to do with the criteria I think. Thanks for your help.

G

I also want to make sure that all the duplicate addresses are in this new sheet so then I can review them for what changes where made not to the address of course.

D

Debra Dalgleish

If you want to pull duplicate Addresses, you could add a column that
concatenates the address fields. For example, if street is in column B,
City in column C and Postal Code in column D, enter the following
formula in cell E2:
=B2&"--"&C2&"--"&D2
and copy down to the last row of data.

Enter the start date of the current week in a cell on the worksheet
(cell I2 in this example)

In the criteria range, leave the heading cell blank, and in the cell
below, enter the following formula, where dates are in column A:

=AND(A2>=$I$1,A2<=$I$1+6,COUNTIF(E$1:E1,E2))

Switch to the other worksheet, and use an Advanced Filter to extract the
duplicate data.

G

I appreciate your help your site has a lot of valuable information, I would like to explain a little more of what exactly I am trying to do and what data I have. been able to tag all my duplicate address entries, There are about 25 columns of information. Thanks for letting me now how to combine my address into one. But I would like to ectract the information as is all separate
Entry_Date | First_Name | Last_Name | Duplicate| Address |City | State | Zip_code | Reaso
20040303 John Doe Duplicate 123 main Any any 11111 sale dat
20040204 John Doe Duplicate 123 main Any any 11111 postpone
20040114 John Doe Duplicate 123 main Any any 11111 new dat

I want to be able to filter the information for only the duplicate addresses from the diffrent dates that they have appeared on my list
I tried the method you had suggested but I couldnt get it to work

A

Alan Beban

Without a few more lines indicating some data to be excluded, it's hard
to see exactly how to get at it. Perhaps I'm missing the obvious, but
couldn't you simply filter on the "Duplicate" column?

Alan Beban

G

yes, But that would give me about 1000 duplicate entries I would need to only compare the new week entries with any that have appeared before e.g. this week according to the duplicate tagging I was told about this morning I have 9 new addresses that are duplicates from previous weeks so I would like to extract this information with those entries from the earlier weeks. So in this case it would be a minimum of 18 records, i say that because some might have 3 or 4 or 5 and I would like to see all of them. any ideas

Ask a Question