Windows Vista audiodg.exe high memory usage

Reaction score
audiodg.exe is using a massive amount of memory, which eventually results in slowdown and crash.

At the begining of the day the Resorces Monitor says Audiodg.exe is using 25k, within 3 hours it rises to 300k, after 6 hours it was using 2Gb yesterday! It seems to go up with every noise or click.

How do I stop this happening?
Any ideas please!!

My system: Vista 32 bit Home Premium, ASUS P5Q3 with Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 1333, 4Gb DDR3 RAM, Creative SB X-Fi sound card, Radeon HD 4850 graphics, Bamboo tablet.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Make sure you have the latest drivers.

:user:

Reaction score
Thanks Muckshifter. I checked the drivers they seem to be up to date. Then I check the sound settings after reading some other forums. As I don't need very high quality sound, I reduced sound quality to 16 Bit CD rather than 24 Bit Studio, I also unclicked all enhancements. It made a great difference, especially to memory useage by audiodg.exe. It now starts the day at 6K kb, rather than 25k kb.

The strange this is that if I use my Wacom Bamboo tablet with 'Click sound' enabled, audiodg.exe seems to increase 'little by little' with each click I make; almost as if it's recording each click. Any idea why?

Ask a Question