Audio Problem - SoundMax ADI1986A

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Hardware' started by Distortioned, Dec 15, 2006.

  1. Distortioned

    Distortioned Guest

    Greetings,

    I’ve got a SoundMax ADI1986A, windows vista recognizes the device and
    aparantely is well configured, but when I playback some music it, the
    pc doesn’t play it at all.

    In the device manager my audio device apears like this: High
    Definition Audio Device and it’s using the S/PDIF output.
    I’ve already try to install diferent drivers, change the settings,
    etc, but I still have no sound despite the sound meter shows activity.

    Maybe the problem is the S/PDIF output, because my speakers are analog
    and I’ve got them connected to the pc in the line-out port. I also try
    to find some way to change from S/PDIF to analog output in the device
    settings, but again without success.

    Can anyone give me a hand...

    Thanks

    --
    Posted at author's request, using http://www.WinForumz.com interface
    Articles individually verified to usenet standards. Visit URL to contact author/report abuse

    Distortioned, Dec 15, 2006

  2. Check with Soundman for updated drivers or for when they'll release final
    drivers.

    --
    Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User]

    Richard G. Harper, Dec 15, 2006

  3. Distortioned

    Guest Guest

    "Distortioned" wrote:

    > Greetings,
    >
    > I’ve got a SoundMax ADI1986A, windows vista recognizes the device and
    > aparantely is well configured, but when I playback some music it, the
    > pc doesn’t play it at all.
    >
    > In the device manager my audio device apears like this: High
    > Definition Audio Device and it’s using the S/PDIF output.
    > I’ve already try to install diferent drivers, change the settings,
    > etc, but I still have no sound despite the sound meter shows activity.
    >
    > Maybe the problem is the S/PDIF output, because my speakers are analog
    > and I’ve got them connected to the pc in the line-out port. I also try
    > to find some way to change from S/PDIF to analog output in the device
    > settings, but again without success.
    >
    > Can anyone give me a hand...
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > --
    > Posted at author's request, using http://www.WinForumz.com interface
    > Articles individually verified to usenet standards. Visit URL to contact author/report abuse
    > Thread archive: http://www.WinForumz.com/vista/Audio-Problem-SoundMax-ADI1986A-ftopict13153.html
    >
    >I have a 1888 ADI Soundmax. Try this:

    In control panel open Sound
    Click Speakers
    Click Properties
    Click Custom tab
    Uncheck both spdif boxes
    Also click Levels tab and adjust.

    Post if these options are available to you or not. Soundmax does not
    supply drivers, they must be obtained from motherboard manufacturer.
    Duck3

    Guest, Dec 16, 2006
  4. Distortioned

    Rich Guest

    My Soundmax works if I plug external speakers in. I think its the laptop
    speakers that are are not supported yet, rather than the sound card. Thats
    NC6230 with AD1985 chipset.

    Rich

    Rich, Jan 5, 2007
  5. Distortioned

    Guest Guest

    I've also problem with the chipset AD1895. When using SPDIF output I get only
    2 channels played. I tried everything and can't get all 6 chanells out. When
    checking Media Player MCE and Cyberlink, none of them has SPDIF option to
    select, which means that the drivers that are installed by Vista don't have
    that support and I can't find where it needs to be changed. Does anybody else
    know how to fix this in Vista?
    Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

    Guest, Feb 5, 2007
  6. Distortioned