Audio control widget needed in Power Point

In the next version of PowerPoint, please include as an Action "button" or
call out, a drag and drop widget for audio control. I want one with the full
range of buttons: forward, stop, play, pause, restart 10 seconds previous,
etc.

I have used embedded audio files to give PowerPoint talks on many slides in
my On-line Managerial Economics course this semester. In order to give the
student as much audio control as possible, I have a "Start Audio" and a "Stop
Audio" action button on every slide with audio. Unfortunately, the "Stop
Audio" button automatically rewinds the audio to its beginning. The audio has
been excellent, and the students have praised the approach. They beg for a a
"Pause" button too!

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/com...c-fa8a6ac40bb6&dg=microsoft.public.powerpoint

Austin Myers

Your wish is granted!

In PPT 2003 insert a sound file, right click and select animations, ckick
add effect,and finally "Sound Actions"... See the Play, Pause, and Start
actions? Piece - o - cake.

Austin Myers
MS PowerPoint MVP Team

PowerPoint Video and PowerPoint Sound Solutions www.pfcmedia.com

"Audio control widget needed" <Audio control widget
news:[email protected]...

I think Austin is a bit overly optimistic as far as what the sound actions
can do.
Not "forward" or "restart 10 seconds previous" as far as I can tell. But it
certainly can stop, play, and pause.
I'd also suggest that Microsoft add other options here.

See the "Calculator Use" or other files at the bottom at
http://www.disklectures.com/freebies.php
for examples of how I've tried to make maximum use of what is currently
available.
The topics might even fit in with your Managerial Econ class!

I'd also like to see what you've done and get your feedback (just click the
contact tab).

Echo S

You know, I just posted the same thing -- but I bet Trish needs this in
editing mode, not show mode....

Austin Myers

Echo S said:
You know, I just posted the same thing -- but I bet Trish needs this in
editing mode, not show mode....

Ah, you may be right. In that case I would not do it in PPT. Instead I
would open up notepad and then play the file in the Windows Media Player,
enter the text in notepad and when finished copy paste the text in PPT as
needed.

Austin Myers
MS PowerPoint MVP Team

Provider of PFCMedia, PFCPro, PFCExpress
http://www.pfcmedia.com

Steve Rindsberg

Here's my original issue that caused me to search out a solution...I need to
add notes to a PPT Presentation. I asked a subject matter expert to record
audio narration to accompany each slide, which could later be turned into
notes, by me. She chose to do that within PPT. Now, I am trying to start
and stop the audio as I translate it to scripted text (notes).

How about saving the presentation as a web page?
Look in the folder of support files PPT creates and you'll find that it's also exported a
sound file for each slide. Open the sound files in media player or sound recorder or a
sound editor like (free) Audacity so you can pause/start them at will. Audacity's a
particularly good choice because you can start/stop/pause playback using keyboard commands
(see Edit, Preferences, Keyboard)