attaching JPEGs using IE on a Yahoo account

Hello. Hope someone can help me. I don't think I changed any settings
however I switched from Internet explorer 7 Beta back to Internet Explorer 6
and now when I try to attach JPEG files to my messages in Yahoo every time i
get the error message "Microsoft Internet Explorer Invalid file specified
please try again." The files are not to large. Please help
Kaja S.

Jon Kennedy

It's possible your file associations for .jpg/.jpeg images is incorrect or
messed up in some way - especially if that is the only file type you're
having trouble attaching in Yahoo! Mail. See this site for a registry fix
for that file type: http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm

Hi Jon, thanks for the advice I tried attaching a Word document to see if the
problem was limited to JPEGS and I got the same error. Any other advice?
Kaja

Don Varnau

Hi,
Is the Yahoo Quick Select Tool listed in Add or remove programs? If it is,
try uninstalling it.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

Hi Don. Thank you for your time. The Yahoo quick toolis not installed. I
tried the link in Jon Kennedy's email and no luck there. I recently
upgragded to IE 7 and file attachments in Yahoo worked but then I needed to
same issue I get "invalid file type specified" when I try to attach files in
my Yahoo mail account. Any more ideas.
Best Regards,
Kaja

Kaja said:
Hello. Hope someone can help me. I don't think I changed any settings
however I switched from Internet explorer 7 Beta back to Internet Explorer 6
and now when I try to attach JPEG files to my messages in Yahoo every time i
get the error message "Microsoft Internet Explorer Invalid file specified
please try again." The files are not to large. Please help
Kaja S.

Kaja,
I'm having the same problem with trying to attach photos in Yahoo. Could
this be a Yahoo problem?
steve

Kaja said:
Hello. Hope someone can help me. I don't think I changed any settings
however I switched from Internet explorer 7 Beta back to Internet Explorer 6
and now when I try to attach JPEG files to my messages in Yahoo every time i
get the error message "Microsoft Internet Explorer Invalid file specified
please try again." The files are not to large. Please help
Kaja S.

I emailed Yahoo tech support and they gave me a resolution. I will share it
with you. In IE go to Tools, Internet Options, Security, Under Security
level for this zone click custom. Then scroll down to where it says
"Navigate sub-frames across different domains." Choose enable. Click OK and
Apply. Close out and relaunch. Worked for me. Let me know if that does it.
Best Regards,
Kaja