ATI 9250 driver problem VPU Recover error

I have a problem. I installed my computer 1 year ago. Since then no problem.
Suddenly I have video problems "VPU Recover message initialized your
graphical accelarator because it couldn't respond to the video driver"

So I reinstalled the new catalyst driver from the ATI website but nothing.

Black screen then VPU message with CPU at 100%.The only way to get out of it
is to uninstall the ATI driver.

Of course when I do that the TV leadtek tuner doesn't work very well because
the driver doesn't work properly.

I see a lot of people with that problem and no solution. I suspect that one
of Microsoft fix is incompatible.

I tried to reinstall the PC with XP and the ATI driver but when I put the
hotfix same problem. I looked for dust and cleaned the motherboard and the
ATI card but nothing. I checked also for viruses, trojan...

Someone has an idea?

I'm gooing nuts!

My configuration:
- ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe
- ATI 9250
- 1 Go RAM
- TV Tuner card Leadtek TV2000XP

Jason Tsang

Not sure what version of drivers you are trying to install, but try the
latest driver...

It is available here (Catalyst 6.4 - released April 6, 2006)
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/KBAnswer.asp?questionID=640

The release of Catalyst 6.5 should occur within the next few days or so.

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

More information by me
http://jtsang.mvps.org
http://www.classicsunveiled.com

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"ATI 9250 VPU recover error" <ATI 9250 VPU recover
news:[email protected]...