AT Service Account Configuration

J

Jason Krause

Hello all,

I would like to change my AT Service Account information:
Control Panel -> Scheduled Tasks -> Advanced (menu) -> AT Service Account Configuration

It is defaulted to "System Account", but I would like to set it for a different account. Does
anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,
Jason

J

Jason Krause

I must be missing a component because I'm having a problem using the AT command line tool.

From a command line I can add a scheduled task like so:
C:\>at 4:00 /interactive /every:Wednesday c:\myTask.bat

This task works with no problems as long as I have "System Account" selected instead of "This
Account:". If I manually change the "AT Service Account Configuration" to "This Account:" a problem
occurs. Any window that is supposed to be interactive is only half interactive. There is only an
outline of the window that is supposed to be there. Has anyone had a similar problem? Does it look
like I'm missing a component? I have the following related components installed (and their
dependencies):
Task Scheduler
Schedule Service Command Line Utility

Thanks,
Jason

J

Jason Krause

I performed the "at" command while running Filemon on my XP Embedded OS and on a WinXP OS. The only
file that I found that was different between the two was "msapsspc.dll". I applied a file filter in
the Target Designer, but I was unable to locate this file. I manually copied the "msapsspc.dll"
file from my C:\WINDOWS\system32 directory on my WinXP PC into the XP Embedded, but I was unable to
register it properly because "the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found". Does anyone know
what this file does? I have Googled it, but there's not a whole lot of information out there.

Thanks,
Jason

K

KM

Jason,

You just found another ghost file in XPe Repository. Please feel free to report this to Microsoft.
No component that the msapsspc.dll belongs to. The library is the implementation for DPA Client for 32 bit platforms.

The library is NOT a com object so don't use regsvr32 on it.
If I understand correctly, the DPA Security Package, that's how it should be registered, requires the following registry key content
(copy it from XP Pro machine): [HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\SspiCache\msapsspc.dll].

You will also have to manually add it to the registry string of
[HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders],"SecurityProviders" value to have the library registered as an available
security provider.

Let us know here if it helps.

J

Jason Krause

The XPE machine has those two registry entries on it, and I didn't put them in there. The only
thing that was missing seems to be that msapsspc.dll file. The only difference between the two PCs
was the Time REG_BINARY value in the first key you asked me to look at. I tried with it's current
value as well as the one on my XP machine and neither worked.

In "Scheduled Tasks" in the Control Panel under Advanced menu... when we have the "AT Service
Account Configuration" set to "This Account" the application window for the task that is fired is
not getting drawn correctly. If we use "System Account" instead, the application windows does get
drawn correctly. Here's the command I used:

C:\>at 16:30 /interactive /every:Friday notepad.exe

I don't have "User Accounts" in my Control Panel though, so I can't see what the difference is
between them. Should I add "User Accounts" to the Control Panel? Can an login "type" really effect
if the windows gets drawn correctly or not?

Still looking for help :(

Thanks,
Jason

K

KM

Apparently I was wrong about registering the library with the regsvr32.
You *can* register the library this way:
regsvr32 msapsspc.dll /SspcCreateSspiReg /s

(basically a custom entry point for the registering routine)

--
=========
Regards,
KM

Jason,

You just found another ghost file in XPe Repository. Please feel free to report this to Microsoft.
No component that the msapsspc.dll belongs to. The library is the implementation for DPA Client for 32 bit platforms.

The library is NOT a com object so don't use regsvr32 on it.
If I understand correctly, the DPA Security Package, that's how it should be registered, requires the following registry key
content (copy it from XP Pro machine): [HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\SspiCache\msapsspc.dll].

You will also have to manually add it to the registry string of
[HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders],"SecurityProviders" value to have the library registered as an available
security provider.

Let us know here if it helps.
--
=========
Regards,
KM

Jason Krause said:
I performed the "at" command while running Filemon on my XP Embedded OS and on a WinXP OS. The only file that I found that was
different between the two was "msapsspc.dll". I applied a file filter in the Target Designer, but I was unable to locate this
file. I manually copied the "msapsspc.dll" file from my C:\WINDOWS\system32 directory on my WinXP PC into the XP Embedded, but I
was unable to register it properly because "the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found". Does anyone know what this file
does? I have Googled it, but there's not a whole lot of information out there.

Thanks,
Jason

Ask a Question