ASP to ASP.NET

K

Kevin

I have a fairly extensive and complicated ASP 3.0 app that is in use by about 10 clients and hundreds of users. Should I devote the time to migrate? Where can I see the pros and cons of a conversion? I've meddled a bit with .NET and recognize the obvious benefits, but... TIME IS MONEY.

Any recommendations?

Kevin

K

Kevin Spencer

Time is money indeed. If you have the time, and you have the inclination,
why not? On the other hand, the old saying goes "if it ain't broke, don't
fix it." IOW, you might want to wait for the next version, or some point at
which you need to make a lot of changes, in order to minimize the expense.

As far as the end user goes, it doesn't make any difference.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
Neither a follower nor a lender be.

I have a fairly extensive and complicated ASP 3.0 app that is in use by
about 10 clients and hundreds of users. Should I devote the time to
migrate? Where can I see the pros and cons of a conversion? I've meddled a
bit with .NET and recognize the obvious benefits, but... TIME IS MONEY.

Any recommendations?

Kevin

S

Scott M.

I would start by determining what your current application lacks. In other words, don't convert just because. If it aint broke, don't fix it.

I have a fairly extensive and complicated ASP 3.0 app that is in use by about 10 clients and hundreds of users. Should I devote the time to migrate? Where can I see the pros and cons of a conversion? I've meddled a bit with .NET and recognize the obvious benefits, but... TIME IS MONEY.

Any recommendations?

Kevin

J

John Timney \(ASP.NET MVP\)

Time certainly does equate to money, and downtime costs more than uptime in many respects. Dont change it unless you need to and you have a credible requirement for why you should.

--
Regards

John Timney
ASP.NET MVP
Microsoft Regional Director

Any recommendations?

Kevin

Ask a Question