Asaassins Creed III

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Going cheap (£8) on Steam until 18:00 Friday.

Is it any good?

Also there's a raft of DLC going for another £8 (total £16) has anybody played any of that? If so is it worth the money? I probably wouldn't go for the DLC, but I am curious, apparently some of the DLC content adds about another hour to the game.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Just had a quick look at some gameplay videos and it looks pretty good visually. Don't know about gameplay though.
I'm still stuck on the training mission in the first game in the series :lol:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I posted this question on another forum and this is one of the answers I received, the guy who wrote this has pretty much the same taste in games and gameplay as myself:

I say nay... it's nothing like the previous ones. The graphics and the story line seem awesome, but it's aggravating and difficult button mashing. (difficult, because it's never the same buttons... when you fail, it's different buttons to mash on every attempt and I can never get through them. Not a one.) Stupid **** like button mashing to fight wolves in the forest, instead of pulling out your sword. I guess it's easier to make button mashing minigames out of things than actual combat. Must be, because it's a trend.

We didn't get past three hours of this game (on Xbox 360) and my friend loves Assassin's Creed games. He played the **** out of the previous ones. We were told that it gets more like back to normal after a few hours, but was still lapsing into button mashing ********. I was very disappointed, I was looking forward to watching him play it. (I've never been keen on the jumping puzzles etc. in Assassin's Creed games, but I love to see them played)

It's going cheap on steam so soon because it sucks and they are already making noise about the next sequel. I'm sure it would be worth the 8 pounds if you can endure that, but I cannot.

And all the reviews I've read agree that AC3 is buggy so I think I'll pass on this one.

I sold Assassins Creed 1 after getting about half way through cos good as it was it really did get a bit too repetitive and I became a bit fed up with it.

I'm currently playing AC2 (albeit fairly infrequently) and that's good, imo, and I have Brotherhood but haven't tried that one yet.

I really should look to completing some of my back catalogue instead of looking for new ;)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
That's really disappointing to hear about ACIII not being very good :( I really enjoyed I & II and recently I've been playing Revelations, but I got ACIII for my birthday so it's lined up to play next. Oh well, let's hope the button mashing isn't too annoying!!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Well Becky it is only one person's point of view, all the reviews I've read of the game have given it the thumbs up so here's hoping you enjoy it.

I must admit I'm really not fond of this button mashing thing though, tis why I gave up on the game Brutal Legend as in that game you have to quickly press buttons on a game pad (or keyboard keys) to 'play a chord sequence' and I just got totally fed up with it.

And in the most recent Tomb Raider there are mashing sequences for about the first fifth of the game which I couldn't actually do on a keyboard but did manage after a few tries with a gamepad.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
err, isn't AC primarily a Console game?

ergo, mashing buttons is the norm ... innit :confused:

Ask a Question