Article Competition

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm just putting out feelers for a possible competition to see how many people may be interested in it. The user review section is a bit sparse at the moment, so I'm thinking about holding a competition to win something (PC Game, RAM upgrade or something along those lines) to the best article submitted to that section.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a review (it could be an article on how to do something). The winner would be decided by member voting in an open poll.

Any takers for this? If not I'll think of something else for Christmas :D If enough people are interested I'll get something drawn up in the next few days :)

Reaction score
count me in:D
always wanted to write something on a forum, apart from posts like this!;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Excellent :D

I'll try and get this going on 1st Dec-ish. :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Great idea . Specialy the how to do something . Got a real winner here . 2GB pc3200 DDR ram would be a realy great prize . :thumb:

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
I'm going to see if I can get any sponsors onboard for bigger prizes in the meantime :thumb:

He who dares Ian, he who dares;)
So what you thinkin of then squire, Aston Martin, Tesco's or a bit upmarket and Aldi/Lidl, come on you know it makes sense:p

Last edited:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Excellent .
user.gif

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Hi Ian I want to do a " how to " article . I want to put pics in it similar to ,

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/274/3

but I'm not sure how to . I want to lay it out in a similar fashion , writing then a pic then some writing then a pic . About 8 or 9 pics in total . Got the pics and can resize if needed and office type software etc , just need to know whats best for posting here . Thanks . :blush:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If you want to do it as a normal forum post you could always write the text as normal but upload the photos using the "attachments" forum on the post reply screen. You should be able to then add the attachment files in as photos using the "insert image" button on the toolbar and then centre each image.

If you want to test it out then you can create a test thread and give it a go if you want and then I'll just delete it when you're done :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Thanks , will give it a go next week as I'm busy trying to get me head round how to produce a talking Daisy book for the blind at the minute . Its taken me 4 days to track down free software that will do the job . An me first two attempts went pear shaped . So me brains a bit fried at the moment and I need to chill for a while .
wallbash.gif
:D

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
Hey Ian,
missed this last month, but I'd be interested if you are still running it or run another one.
I'll see what I can come up with for you.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Sure I might extend it once I've had a think to make it get more entried :D

Ask a Question