Are acer pcs any good???

Reaction score
Steve well it really depends upon each individual machine specification..ie

an acer pentium p4 will be better than a tiny Pentium 3... look at the specifications.. not the name

Reaction score
Chris yes.. i agree.. but he is asking basically is Acer better than Tiny?... these are just names behind the components...

Reaction score
i have never had anything for tiny - but almost got a PC once - they made a misstake in the order AND couldn't send it out - and asked me to reorder - the first order was not signed !

so i went to toyrus and got a faster PC and i'am still happy with it

i have got an acer laptop and has been great - never had to dell with CC

my vote for ACER -

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Acer manufactured IBM systems

Acer gets my vote.

:thumb:

Reaction score
Hi,

I think the biggest disadvantage with acer is thier lack of after sales support. I have no understanding of customer values and very little trained staffed on their technical desks. I and few work friends bought a lot of hardware from acer and was very very dissappointed with their service. They are quite cheap, I saved a few hundred pounds but it was not worth it for the amont of grief I got for it.

You have to wait atleast 30mins on hold even if you are advantage customer and then might be cut off randomly.

I would suggest pay that extra £100 and get a IBM, sony.

Some of you might be thinking I am technical guru and will be able to fix the problem yours self. You might be mistaken here as some of the problems are hardware based and just need new parts. I am a software devloper and had problem with my keyboard. This was due to a faulty keboard and just had to bre replaced. This has gone to accer support for 4 weeks now. Apparently they are waiting parts..

Bascially Dont buy Acer. Acer support the worst. I hope some one at acer reads this.. Then they can justify why they are crap. I am writing to BBC Watch dog as I am very very pissed.

D

Ask a Question