archiving problems

joe shmo

I am using Outlook 2003 SP3

I am trying to delete old appointments in my calendar.
This is what I have tried;
File\Archive
"Archive this folder and all subfolders:" is selected.
The icon Calendar is highlighted.
"Archive items older than [Wed 4/30/2008]
"Include items with "Do not AutoArchive" checked" is checked.
I press OK.
I go back to my calendar and all items prior to 4/30/2008 are still there.

I have also tried ""Archive all folders according to their AutoArchive
settings"
Settings in Calendar\Properties - AutoArchive Tab are as follows
"Archive this folder using these settings" is selected
"clean out items older than 1 Months"
"Permanently delete old items" is selected.

I get the same results.

help
Thanks

joe shmo

Thanks Robert. You nailed it!
Roady said:
Start with http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/archivenotworking.htm

joe shmo said:
[...]

Roady [MVP]

Your welcome! :)

joe shmo said:
Thanks Robert. You nailed it!

joe shmo said:
[...]

Hey Robert, Sorry but I think I spoke too soon.
I looked at modified date of calendar items and saw that it was today's
date. I don't know why it would be, they were created months ago. Anyway my
settings were set to delete anything that is greater than 1 day old. I
thought this was the problem. But looking further back I found items that
are way older than 1 day and still they won't go away.
I just want to clear the main calendar of all items and start fresh.
Thanks

Roady said:
Your welcome! :)

joe shmo said:
Thanks Robert. You nailed it!

-----

[...]

If that is your goal then you can change your Calendar view to a table view
like By Category. From there you can easily delete all items at once.

joe shmo said:
Hey Robert, Sorry but I think I spoke too soon.
I looked at modified date of calendar items and saw that it was today's
date. I don't know why it would be, they were created months ago. Anyway
my settings were set to delete anything that is greater than 1 day old. I
thought this was the problem. But looking further back I found items that
are way older than 1 day and still they won't go away.
I just want to clear the main calendar of all items and start fresh.
Thanks

Roady said:
Your welcome! :)

joe shmo said:
Thanks Robert. You nailed it!
in message Start with http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/archivenotworking.htm

-----

[...]

Thanks again Robert. This worked and got rid of past appointments. I still
don't know why archive doesn't work. Is there any other reading I could do
to try and find out why?

joe shmo said:
Hey Robert, Sorry but I think I spoke too soon.
I looked at modified date of calendar items and saw that it was today's
date. I don't know why it would be, they were created months ago. Anyway
my settings were set to delete anything that is greater than 1 day old. I
thought this was the problem. But looking further back I found items that
are way older than 1 day and still they won't go away.
I just want to clear the main calendar of all items and start fresh.
Thanks

Roady said:
Your welcome! :)

-----

Thanks Robert. You nailed it!
"Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net>
wrote in message
[...]

The modified date can be changed by lots of things as mentioned in the
article. Do the items that you want to archive have a modified date older
than you've set in the manual archive?

joe shmo said:
Hey Robert, Sorry but I think I spoke too soon.
I looked at modified date of calendar items and saw that it was today's
date. I don't know why it would be, they were created months ago. Anyway
my settings were set to delete anything that is greater than 1 day old.
I thought this was the problem. But looking further back I found items
that are way older than 1 day and still they won't go away.
I just want to clear the main calendar of all items and start fresh.
Thanks

in message Your welcome! :)

-----

wrote in message
[...]

Yes they did. Oler by many months and my settings were to delete anything
older than 1 day.

Roady said:
If that is your goal then you can change your Calendar view to a table
view like By Category. From there you can easily delete all items at
once.

-----

Hey Robert, Sorry but I think I spoke too soon.
I looked at modified date of calendar items and saw that it was today's
date. I don't know why it would be, they were created months ago.
Anyway my settings were set to delete anything that is greater than 1
day old. I thought this was the problem. But looking further back I
found items that are way older than 1 day and still they won't go away.
I just want to clear the main calendar of all items and start fresh.
Thanks

"Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net>
wrote in message
Your welcome! :)