Applying Group Policy to my students onlu

I setup Windows 2000 server and all students have a win XP. I deleted the
local accounts and want students to have roaming from the server. When I
apply GP it will apply to all users indluding me as an administrator. I am a
teacher and do not want my students to be able to change wallpaper. If
allowed they usualy download a dirty pictures to use it as wallpaper. Any
help from any expert here please?
I teach computer repair and have many years experience with computers but
never setup Group Policy

Thanks to all of you and to former students
Ross Ghanim

Kevin Sullivan

The first place to look is here...

Policy\User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Control
Panel\Display\Prevent changing wallpaper

Kevin

"How to apply GP to users only not to me" <How to apply GP to users only not
to (e-mail address removed)> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

lforbes

I setup Windows 2000 server and all students have a win XP. I
deleted the
local accounts and want students to have roaming from the
server. When I
apply GP it will apply to all users indluding me as an
administrator. I am a
teacher and do not want my students to be able to change
wallpaper. If
allowed they usualy download a dirty pictures to use it as
wallpaper. Any
help from any expert here please?
I teach computer repair and have many years experience with
computers but
never setup Group Policy

Thanks to all of you and to former students
Ross Ghanim

Hi,

If you have a Windows Server and Group Policy, create a Organizational
Unit and move all your students domain accounts into it. Then create a
Group Policy to set restrictions on that OU.

Local Policies apply to all. Group Policies can be applied to
different OU’s for different users.

Cheers,

Lara

PS. Do some serious reading before setting Up AD. It needs to be done
correctly with proper names and DNS working for it to work.