Application.WorksheetFunction.Upper

Function Test(Classe, osserv As Range, Dst As String, ParA, ParB) As Single
Dist as string
Dist = Application.WorksheetFunction.Upper(Dst)

executing the "Dist = ..." statement VBA stops abnormally (without any message)

Have you encountered this problem?

Alex.

Doug Glancy

According to help, that's not included in the worksheet functions available
to VBA. Use the VBA function Ucase.

hth,

Doug

Sonny Kocak[MSFT]

Alex,

"Upper" is not part of the Excel Object Model particularly the
Application.WorksheetFunctions object.

However, VBA's UCase should work fine for you:

dist = UCase$(dst)

NOTE: While your in any VB editor you can hit "F2" for the Object Browser.
Here, you can search for any command like "Upper" ro "UCase".

Sonny Kocak
Microsoft Developer Community Support
Email : (e-mail address removed)

| Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 21:53:44 +0200
| From: y <[email protected]>
| Subject: Application.WorksheetFunction.Upper
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.programming
|
| Function Test(Classe, osserv As Range, Dst As String, ParA, ParB) As
Single
| Dist as string
| Dist = Application.WorksheetFunction.Upper(Dst)
|
| executing the "Dist = ..." statement VBA stops abnormally (without any
message)

| Have you encountered this problem?
|
| Alex.

Chip Pearson

David,
What is the difference between UCase$ and UCase

UCase$ (and all string related functions that end in '$') returns a String
type result, while UCase (and string related functions that do not end in
'$') return Variant data types. The '$' functions are more efficient because
the compiler does not need to emit instructions to extract the string data
out of the Variant.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

David said:
Sonny Kocak[MSFT] wrote
dist = UCase$(dst)

What is the difference between UCase$ and UCase

David

Chip Pearson wrote
UCase$ (and all string related functions that end in '$') returns a
String type result, while UCase (and string related functions that do
not end in '$') return Variant data types. The '$' functions are more
efficient because the compiler does not need to emit instructions to
extract the string data out of the Variant.

Thanks for the explanation.