Application that looses foucus

Thore Berntsen

I have a program that sometimes looses focus and goes into the
background. To activate it I must go into the Memory dialog under
settings.

Is there some way I can avoid this. Can I in code detect that the
application isn't running in the foreground and activate it again?

Thore Berntsen

Kay-Christian Wessel

What about setting the Topmost property of the form to true?

You could also turn off the taskbar and hide the desktop to set the
application in kiosk-mode. I think you need to call some api-functions to do
this.

Kay

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

Wouldn't that be very annoying to the user? If you want to have the user
only be able to access your application, search the archives with
GoogleGroups for something like "kiosk mode".

Paul T.

Thore Berntsen

No, not really. Some of my users use ActiveSync, when they dock the
application may go into the background. I suspect that it is the ActiveSync
dialog that "knocks" it down.

Thore Berntsen

Kiosk mode is allready implemented as an option. It seems to make the
problem smaller, but it may still happen then to. Then it is very annoying
because the device still is in kiosk mode afterwards.

Thore Berntsen

My application is a retail application running on rugged devices with
scanners (Made by Intermec, Symbol etc). So my customers often want that
this application is the only one their employees have access to. I did
implement kiosk mode a few years ago. That makes this a smaller problem, but
it does not remove the problem entirely. If the program goes into the
background while it is in kiosk mode it becomes a challenge to do anything
with the terminal at all. This is because what kiosk mode does is locking
the taskbar.

Thore
"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" <p space tobey no spam AT no instrument no spam DOT
com> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

I've never seen this before. Have you tried just creating a dummy app (one
screen) and trying that on the problem device to rule out your application?