Application/Program will not uninstall

G

Hi
I have uninstalled all of the program's except for one which cannot be removed. Here's what I've done so far.. In contol panel I clicked remove program under Add or Remove program's. That's when the problem's started. Thier were orignally three of these program's assoctiated with eachother, but only one will not go away. After trying the first time I then went to Regedit and removed all of the orinal application and all of it's subkey's so nothing of the program is thier. After that i then went searching for all file's and folder's i could gather until nothing could be found. I then restarted the computer and went back into Control Panel/Add Remove Program's and tried again. Still would'nt work. Everytime I try removing it, it will just flash the icon and the Add/Remove Program's window. After I have did everything to delete it I then ran a Up to Date virus scan to see if i could find the problem, but I still could'nt find anything that wat either. So, How can i get this off of My Add/Remove Program's list
Thanks.. Rob

R

Ross Durie

All the Add/Remove entries are here in the registry -
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\

--
Ross
bobdude said:
Hi,
I have uninstalled all of the program's except for one which cannot be
removed. Here's what I've done so far.. In contol panel I clicked remove
program under Add or Remove program's. That's when the problem's started.
Thier were orignally three of these program's assoctiated with eachother,
but only one will not go away. After trying the first time I then went to
Regedit and removed all of the orinal application and all of it's subkey's
so nothing of the program is thier. After that i then went searching for all
file's and folder's i could gather until nothing could be found. I then
restarted the computer and went back into Control Panel/Add Remove Program's
and tried again. Still would'nt work. Everytime I try removing it, it will
just flash the icon and the Add/Remove Program's window. After I have did
everything to delete it I then ran a Up to Date virus scan to see if i could
find the problem, but I still could'nt find anything that wat either. So,
How can i get this off of My Add/Remove Program's list?

G

I have removed all but one of the programs except for one. Yahoo, Yahoo Messenger and one other which are all assoctiatied with eachother and are part of the same program. But, Each one had it's own icon in Add/Remove Progra
s. I have sussecfully removed the other's in Add/Remove Progaram's. Then the one that wont remove from Add/Remove Program's is Yahoo, Internet Mail (?) So the one that i cannot remove from Add/Remove Program's will not remove. When i click the icone for change/remove all i get is a flashing of the window's. Am i stuck with it or just the icon in Add/Remove Program's or do i have an underling problem somewhere?

Ask a Question