Anyway to make clients use closest printer share?

Scott Townsend

Like with Replication, you access the share via

\\ad-domain\repl\share

Is there a way to Access Printers the same way? So if I print to Office A
it uses the Share on the Office A Server if I'm in Office A and if I'm in
Office B I want to print to the Share on Server B that prints to office A's
Printer??

Make sense?

Scott<-

Vincent Xu [MSFT]

Hi,

I have no idea but you can try to install the printer in Office A onto the
printer server in Office B as a network printer. But if so, why don't you
print to the printer server in Office A directly?

Best regards,

Vincent Xu
Microsoft Online Partner Support

that others
may learn and benefit from this issue.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,and confers no rights.

From: "Scott Townsend" <[email protected]>
Subject: Anyway to make clients use closest printer share?
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 13:26:50 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.printing

Like with Replication, you access the share via

\\ad-domain\repl\share

Is there a way to Access Printers the same way? So if I print to Office A
it uses the Share on the Office A Server if I'm in Office A and if I'm in
Office B I want to print to the Share on Server B that prints to office A's
Printer??

Make sense?

Scott<-

Bill Stewart

Scott said:
Is there a way to Access Printers the same way? So if I print to Office A
it uses the Share on the Office A Server if I'm in Office A and if I'm in
Office B I want to print to the Share on Server B that prints to office A's
Printer??

Why? (You're still spooling the data over the network either way.)