Anyone running 64bit system ?

Reaction score
Is anyone out there currently running a 64bit system?

I'm interested to know what motherboard, chip and cooler combinations you are using and if there are any issues with them.

:confused:

kristel

Blonde - But salvageable
Reaction score
Hi! Yes finally decided that technology had changed enough and got cheap enough to make it viable :)

I'm using a Shuttle PC, with Nvidia Nforce 3 150 chipset and an A64 3200+. The shuttles have the advantage of coming with a cooler built in, which is very good. My CPU never goes above 58 degrees even under stress and I have the fan on "medium".

I was wondering if anyone else had this sort of rig? The reason I ask is that the system gets up into the late 40s easily regarding temperature, and the PSU seems very hot (60 degrees ish?)

Stable as a rock mind you and lightning fast especially with the SATA.

However, I wouldn't recommend this setup to beginners, because:

No floppy which makes installing wondows on the SATA virtually impossible unless you have a spare you can use temporarily (and then it's evil to plug in).

Always disable the memory card readers - or windows will assign drive C to one of them which can cause problems. I didn't know and now I have to map drive C to a network folder to install some things hehe.

It's really REALLY time consuming / fiddly to change anything.

Cooling sysem seems top notch though - presuming those values are normal (?) I can't complain!

Ask a Question