Anyone into wrist watches?

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I like a nice watch, though can't afford what I'd really like so have to shop sensibly. Though I can understand people paying thousands as they can be an investment.

I bought myself a Steinhart Ocean One in green the other day, cost me around £300 which is nothing for a decent watch really.

Here she is:

And my others which I got mainly as presents from upto 10 years ago:

From left to right: Nixon "Player" , Armani, Armani, Nixon "Ranger" and a Fossil.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I think I stopped wearing a watch about 15 years ago when I got my first mobile phone.

Reaction score
I too like to wear a decent watch now and then. Usually when I go out for a meal or a meeting etc/family doo's

While at home or working I don't wear one and haven't for about 12 years

Those though Sir, are nice.. :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I wear a Seiko gold ... I always wear a watch ... I know when it's Sunday when the day turns red. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I think I stopped wearing a watch about 15 years ago when I got my first mobile phone.

Snap :) (From '96 onwards for me)

In fact I don't wear any jewellery at all, I don't like it.

Quad's fond of a good watch I think.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
My wife has a Gucci watch that we bought in a market somewhere out East. It cost about $7.

If you look very closely at the Gucci name you can see that it actually reads "Cucci".

Strange thing is that it keeps perfect time. :D

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
In the good old analog times (when "profanity filters" were called "librarians" and "newspaper editors") this used to be a compound word...

:fool:

The favourite of my watches (and no, I don't wear them anymore) was the good old Seamaster Polaris:

002-8285-Omega-Seamaster-Polaris-Di.jpg

Reaction score
Casio £9.99 has lasted me only 3 years.
Do wonder if that's good value for money?:lol:

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I wore watches non stop even at work (demolition at the time) from when I was around 15 upto when I was 25ish but stopped when I started at the scrap yard as its a very physical job which would probably destroy a watch in days. Always loved a good watch from seeing my old bosses Breitling and Rolex collection which was amazing to say the least. I'll have a Breitling one day, maybe not the Bentley to match though ;-).

Reaction score
I bought x2 Rolex's back in the late 90's in Hong Kong.
Only cost $20 and they did work for a year or two.
One got stolen, but it was the one that was broken!!!:lol:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Yes I am fond of watches, if you need any advice I'll be happy to give you any guidance and/or suggestions if you need it.

Ask a Question