    games that show off the new features of DirectX 9 yet?

    Thanks,

    Jeff

    Jeff M. Ingram, Apr 3, 2004

  2. Jeff M. Ingram

    Zulu Guest

    "Jeff M. Ingram" <> skrev i en meddelelse
    > Hello,
    >
    > I just upgraded from a Radeon 8500 and I was wondering if anyone knew and
    > any good games that could really push this new Radeon 9600XT 256. I've

    got
    > Unreal Tournament 2003, 2004, & Need for Speed Underground. Any other

    good
    > games that show off the new features of DirectX 9 yet?

    Far Cry can bring most PC's to it's knees...

    Far Cry in 1600x1200 is nice... :)

    Zulu

    Zulu, Apr 3, 2004

  3. Jeff M. Ingram

    Andrew Guest

    On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 09:10:42 -0500, "Jeff M. Ingram"
    <> wrote:

    >I just upgraded from a Radeon 8500 and I was wondering if anyone knew and
    >any good games that could really push this new Radeon 9600XT 256. I've got
    >Unreal Tournament 2003, 2004, & Need for Speed Underground. Any other good
    >games that show off the new features of DirectX 9 yet?

    Far Cry will bring it to its knees.
    please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevent text.

    Andrew, Apr 3, 2004
  4. Jeff M. Ingram

    blah Guest

    "Jeff M. Ingram" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I just upgraded from a Radeon 8500 and I was wondering if anyone knew and
    > any good games that could really push this new Radeon 9600XT 256. I've

    got
    > Unreal Tournament 2003, 2004, & Need for Speed Underground. Any other

    good
    > games that show off the new features of DirectX 9 yet?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Jeff

    errr. not hard to bog down your card. Just crank up the resolutions etc...

    blah, Apr 3, 2004
  5. Jeff M. Ingram

    please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevent text.

    Trying to play net-cop are we, giving people your rules are you, seen
    thousands like you come and go over the last 20 years on the USENET.

    Try to behave yourself, and anyone from any planet in any language can
    answer any question in the whole universe by saying ' google', it's a
    cop out used by people who don't know the answer.

    The reason people use this community is because they need an anwer,
    usually they will have exhausted all their ideas before they get to
    this place - sending them away is not helping but abdication,
    abandoning them by sending to 'google', it's not helpful.

    To anyone other than Andrew reading this, ask what you want, when you
    want, and how you want, and ignore self appointed net-cop's whoever
    they may be.

    BoroLad

    , Apr 3, 2004
  6. Re: Any good games out there that will really push this Radeon 9600XT256?

    Sorry I am off topic here but... Well said BoroLad. I concur.

    --end

    Danny Greaves, Apr 3, 2004
  7. Jeff M. Ingram

    Inglo Guest

    Re: Any good games out there that will really push this Radeon 9600XT256?

    On 4/3/2004 11:49 AM Danny Greaves brightened our day with:

    >Sorry I am off topic here but... Well said BoroLad. I concur.
    >

    >-

    Two plonks for the price of one, morons.

    --
    "Cocaine's a hell of a drug" - Rick James

    Steve [Inglo]

    Inglo, Apr 4, 2004
  8. Jeff M. Ingram

    DaveW Guest

    Try Far Cry.

    --
    DaveW

    DaveW, Apr 4, 2004
  9. Jeff M. Ingram

    John Lewis Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I just upgraded from a Radeon 8500 and I was wondering if anyone knew and
    >any good games that could really push this new Radeon 9600XT 256. I've got
    >Unreal Tournament 2003, 2004, & Need for Speed Underground. Any other good
    >games that show off the new features of DirectX 9 yet?

    1. Far Cry
    2. Far Cry
    3. Far Cry
    4. Far Cry.

    .............. since you can play with the graphics options to your
    heart's content in the Customize Option of the Configuration tool.
    ( The V1.1 patch even supports the soon-to-be-released NV40
    and PS3.0. )

    You can also bring your CPU to its knees when you zoom
    the binoculars --- watch the CPU temp rocket up and the
    frame-rate fall. Of course, worse at higher resolutions.

    Great fun..... thanks Cryek for the most comprehensive real-live
    PC CPU/Video performance benchmark ever. All graphics settings
    in Far Cry can be recorded and documented for system-comparison
    purposes.

    As for your 9600XT 256... I can probably send you some
    paper hankies...........

    John Lewis

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Apr 4, 2004
  10. Jeff M. Ingram

    Bax Guest

    Flight Simulator 2004.

    (top posted by choice)

    Bax, Apr 4, 2004
  11. Jeff M. Ingram

    Guest

    Re: Any good games out there that will really push this Radeon 9600XT 256?

    On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 19:49:15 GMT, Danny Greaves <>
    wrote:

    >Sorry I am off topic here but... Well said BoroLad. I concur.

    >--end

    Not off topic at all. I feel that this ' top/bottom ' posting is one
    of the most trivializing pieces of ' netequette ' ever misused by
    people. Personal attacks have no place in a public forum and it's not
    my intention to attack / flame but this is a group of specialized or
    applied knowledge / content whose subject area does not lend itself to
    top or bottom posting.

    Top posting refers to putting your answer before the quoted material
    you are responding to, read a million or so ' missives ' here and you
    will see that this practice does not happen that often.

    "The USENET was born before GUI tools were invented ' non binary '
    readers like Outlook Express are dangerous, get Forte Agent from
    http://www.forteinc.com/ Quote: "The day Microsoft makes something
    that doesn't suck is probably the day they start making vacuum
    cleaners." -Ernst Jan Plugge"

    This is a technical newsgroup and responding to paragraph led
    questions is impossible and unhelpful with either top or indeed bottom
    posting. Responding to respective separate points in the same article,
    makes it a requirement to put your response below each individually.
    Ensuring proper chronological order, is all that is needed to make
    reading both easier and more logical.

    ' Snipping ' is ok so long as you summarize the original text, doing
    so will keep the question / response in context, many people pay for
    connectivity by the minute, and the longer your message is, the more
    they pay.

    I assume that individuals speak for themselves, an included signature
    kept short is generally accepted as the international norm, but
    unappointed net preachers / police / Nazi's who include lines in their
    sig which constitute offensive and unworkable rules should moderate
    their behaviour in technical groups.

    BoroLad

    , Apr 4, 2004
  12. Jeff M. Ingram

    patrickp Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 19:49:15 GMT, Danny Greaves <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Sorry I am off topic here but... Well said BoroLad. I concur.

    > >--end

    > Not off topic at all. I feel that this ' top/bottom ' posting is one
    > of the most trivializing pieces of ' netequette ' ever misused by
    > people. Personal attacks have no place in a public forum and it's not
    > my intention to attack / flame but this is a group of specialized or
    > applied knowledge / content whose subject area does not lend itself to
    > top or bottom posting.
    >
    > Top posting refers to putting your answer before the quoted material
    > you are responding to, read a million or so ' missives ' here and you
    > will see that this practice does not happen that often.
    >
    > "The USENET was born before GUI tools were invented ' non binary '
    > readers like Outlook Express are dangerous, get Forte Agent from
    > http://www.forteinc.com/ Quote: "The day Microsoft makes something
    > that doesn't suck is probably the day they start making vacuum
    > cleaners." -Ernst Jan Plugge"
    >
    > This is a technical newsgroup and responding to paragraph led
    > questions is impossible and unhelpful with either top or indeed bottom
    > posting. Responding to respective separate points in the same article,
    > makes it a requirement to put your response below each individually.
    > Ensuring proper chronological order, is all that is needed to make
    > reading both easier and more logical.
    >
    > ' Snipping ' is ok so long as you summarize the original text, doing
    > so will keep the question / response in context, many people pay for
    > connectivity by the minute, and the longer your message is, the more
    > they pay.
    >
    > I assume that individuals speak for themselves, an included signature
    > kept short is generally accepted as the international norm, but
    > unappointed net preachers / police / Nazi's who include lines in their
    > sig which constitute offensive and unworkable rules should moderate
    > their behaviour in technical groups.
    >
    > BoroLad

    Couldn't agree with you more, BoroLad. The other thing that people are
    always flaming for is poor spelling or English (or, presumably, whatever
    language happens to be the medium). My take is that anyone who gets upset
    about posting rules, grammar, spelling etc, is just going to miss out on on
    a lot of help, information, fun and generally nice people. Well, if you
    _want_ to be a loser...

    The only things I don't like to see on Usenet are excessive bad language and
    pointless political (in the loosest sense, as in threads I've seen here)
    debates in groups where they're not appropriate. Both those contradict what
    I see as the basic rule of Usenet: respect the people you're talking with,
    at least until they demonstrate their unworthiness by disrespecting others.

    patrickp

    patrickp, Apr 4, 2004
  13. Jeff M. Ingram

    Guest

    Re: Any good games out there that will really push this Radeon 9600XT 256?

    On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 13:53:40 +0100, "patrickp"
    < - take five to email me> wrote:

    >Couldn't agree with you more, BoroLad. The other thing that people are
    >always flaming for is poor spelling or English (or, presumably, whatever
    >language happens to be the medium). My take is that anyone who gets upset
    >about posting rules, grammar, spelling etc, is just going to miss out on on
    >a lot of help, information, fun and generally nice people. Well, if you
    >_want_ to be a loser...

    >The only things I don't like to see on Usenet are excessive bad language and
    >pointless political (in the loosest sense, as in threads I've seen here)
    >debates in groups where they're not appropriate. Both those contradict what
    >I see as the basic rule of Usenet: respect the people you're talking with,
    >at least until they demonstrate their unworthiness by disrespecting others.

    >patrickp

    My spelling as many will agree is pretty dismal, partly due that is to
    my government insistence on implimenting the ' Euro-English' clause
    in the recent negotiations with Brussels. For those who don't know
    this incremental plan I reproduce as follows :

    "The European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby
    English will be the official language of the European nation rather
    than German which was the other possibility.

    As part of the negotiations, Her Majesty's Government conceded that
    English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a
    5-year phase-in plan that would become known as "Euro-English"

    In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c". Sertainly, this will
    make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard "c" will be dropped in
    favour of the "k". This should klear up konfusion, and keyboards kan
    have one less letter.

    There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year when the
    troublesome "ph" will be replaced with the "f". This will make words
    like fotograf 20% shorter.

    In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted
    to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible.
    Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have
    always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the
    horibl mes of the silent "e" in the languag is disgrasful and it
    should go away.

    By the 4th yer peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th"
    with "z" and "w" with "v". During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary "o" kan
    be dropd from vords kontaining "ou" and after ziz fifz yer, ve vil hav
    a reil sensibl riten styl. Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and
    evrivun vil find it ezi tu understand ech oza. Ze drem of a united
    urop vil finali kum tru".

    Hopi zis mad yu smil, patrickp !

    BoroLad

    , Apr 4, 2004
  14. Jeff M. Ingram

    Andrew Guest

    On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 19:23:51 +0100, wrote:

    >Trying to play net-cop are we, giving people your rules are you, seen
    >thousands like you come and go over the last 20 years on the USENET.

    You are the one who is playing netcop. What I have in my .sig (that is
    formed within accepted standards) is up to me. If people want to read
    it, that is down to them.
    please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevent text.

    Andrew, Apr 4, 2004
  15. Jeff M. Ingram

    Steven Guest

    Steven, Apr 4, 2004
  16. Jeff M. Ingram

    patrickp Guest

    <> wrote in message
> [...]

    > troublesome "ph" will be replaced with the "f". This will make words
    > like fotograf 20% shorter.
    >
    > In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted
    > to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible.
    > Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have
    > always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the
    > horibl mes of the silent "e" in the languag is disgrasful and it
    > should go away.
    >
    > By the 4th yer peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th"
    > with "z" and "w" with "v". During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary "o" kan
    > be dropd from vords kontaining "ou" and after ziz fifz yer, ve vil hav
    > a reil sensibl riten styl. Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and
    > evrivun vil find it ezi tu understand ech oza. Ze drem of a united

    Er, you weren't swearing there, were you, bl? ;-)

    patrickp

    patrickp, Apr 4, 2004
  17. Jeff M. Ingram

    Darthy Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I just upgraded from a Radeon 8500 and I was wondering if anyone knew and
    >any good games that could really push this new Radeon 9600XT 256. I've got
    >Unreal Tournament 2003, 2004, & Need for Speed Underground. Any other good
    >games that show off the new features of DirectX 9 yet?

    A few bucks more could have been a 9800non pro or 9800Pro ($200~220)
    instead...

    UT2004 can bring my 9800Pro pretty low. On HUGE outdoor maps with out
    20+ bots, max details .... in 1600x1200 AA turned on (not FA) and I'm
    in the mid 30s. But indoors, I'm back into the 50s.

    The 9800Pro is still a good card... but in another 12 months, a
    9800PRO equaled powered card should be about $100.

    When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

    Death to Palladium & WPA!!

    Darthy, Apr 15, 2004
  18. Jeff M. Ingram

    Daykin2k Guest

    i also wonder how halo does on the 9600xt, i hear its quite demanding and
    even slow on a 9800xt!

    Daykin2k, Apr 16, 2004
  19. Jeff M. Ingram

    Andrew Guest

    On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 10:00:14 +1200, "Daykin2k" <>
    wrote:

    >i also wonder how halo does on the 9600xt, i hear its quite demanding and
    >even slow on a 9800xt!

    It runs just fine on my 9700 Pro with all eye candy on.

    Andrew, Apr 17, 2004
  20. Jeff M. Ingram

    DreamMaker Guest

    Re: Re: Any good games out there that will really push this Radeon 9600XT 256?

    On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 05:44:13 +0100, Andrew <spamtrap@localhost> wrote:

    >On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 10:00:14 +1200, "Daykin2k" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>i also wonder how halo does on the 9600xt, i hear its quite demanding and
    >>even slow on a 9800xt!

    True

    it can go down to 10 fps if your using A4x fa8x

    with all on at 1024X768X32

    DreamMaker, Apr 17, 2004