Windows XP anti virus help plz

Reaction score
hi , my laptop being dead slow sometimes...iv got free avg AND spyware doctor on there..do i need spyware doctor???does avg do everything i need?think avg slows it down but got to have anti virus on there.thanks

Reaction score
azaboo2 said:
hi , my laptop being dead slow sometimes...iv got free avg AND spyware doctor on there..do i need spyware doctor???does avg do everything i need?think avg slows it down but got to have anti virus on there.thanks

Kaspersky And I am pretty certain everybody else on here will second that..

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
You can double it up with superantispyware but Kapersky is very very good.

Maybe look at buying some extra for the laptop, is very cheap at the moment and that should help speed it up, remeber to defrag the hard drive as well, get rid of programs you don't use.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Like Waynos says - you may also need to look at speeding up your lappy with some more RAM if it doesn't have much installed - unfortunately you haven't given us any idea of the spec of it ;)

It could also of course be riddled with malware which can also slow things down.

If your laptop is a bit dated with a lowish spec I would go for Eset NOD32 as an antivirus rather than Kaspersky as its also very good but a little lighter on resources.

Ask a Question