And Now For Some Cultural News

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
attachment.php

The famous statue of David by Michelangelo, which has been on loan to the USA for the last two years, is to be returned to Florence, Italy next week.

attachment.php

His proud sponsors were McDonald's, Burger King and Pizza Hut.:D

Attachments

• David1.JPG
    David1.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 763
  • David2.JPG
    David2.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 2,769

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
that would probably be correct, sir.

Ever hear of that movie Super Size Me? Guy eats McD's for 30 days straight, every meal, and damn near died because of it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390521/

As a result, the then-32-year-old Spurlock gained 24½ lbs. (11.1 kg), a 13% body mass increase, a cholesterol level of 230, and experienced mood swings, sexual dysfunction, and fat accumulation in his liver. It took Spurlock fourteen months to lose the weight gained from his experiment with a special vegan detox diet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Size_Me

The wiki is an interesting read.

Last edited:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Ive been wanting to see Super Size me.

But I love my precious fast food. :D

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
But I love my precious fast food

I used to eat fast food often since it was convenient. Over the years I have weened from it and whenever I grab a quick burger, I feel ill. I don't know how we aren't dropping like flies from the way we eat here in the states.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
All you folks should apreciate being able to eat MacDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's and even the humble Wimpy, cos I can't.

I'm not whingeing but let me be so bold as to quote Joni Mitchell and say 'You don't know what you've got til it's gone'.

There's nothing wrong with fast food once or twice a week, taken as a treat it can give the feelgood factor and feeling good is an important part of one's health.

There was a recent worldwide survey I read on the BBC news about obesity related deaths and although the USA was predictably high up on the list it did point out that the scales were very much area related with poorer areas and States being higher on the death list than those places which had more wealthy folk.

the UK didn't do so clever either, in that survey.

Ask a Question