Excel Analyzing Access Reports in Excel

Reaction score
I am having a difficult time figuring out this particular issue. I have worked on Access databases previously, and done this with no problem. All of a sudden, I'm having this issue and I can't figure out why.

When you open my database, a small form appears with buttons. When you choose a button, another form (also with buttons) appears on top of the original form. When you choose one of the buttons on the foremost form, you get a report, which opens, (you guessed it), on top of the foremost form.

So, with the report at the forefront, and two forms "hiding" behind it, I'd like to choose "Analyze with Microsoft Excel" from the toolbar and have the report dumped into Excel. The problem is, when I do that, instead of sending the report to Excel, it sends the very first form, (the one in the far background), to Excel instead.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Reaction score
Hi

Might be a naive reply but can't you close each form before (or after) opening the next form. Assuming the forms with buttons are pop ups then Access will probably retain the focus on the first form (that is presumably based on some table or query data) unless you close it.

Reaction score
That would defeat the purpose of having it set up this way. The idea is to make the database as intuitive as possible, so that for users who might not normally use Access, they are "walked through" the database.

The first form offers two choices, and depending on which choice is made, a different form will appear over top of the original.

I want to lock the database so that the average user does not have direct access to tables/queries, etc.

I have tried every combination of pop-up/modal that I can think of between the forms and reports, but still have this issue.

Ask a Question