An Old Hand from Hampshire

Reaction score
I have been in computing for most of my working life from 1969, first as an assembler programmer, then COBOL and Burroughs operating systems. I chose to move away from the 'coal face' into management when I found that my work was becoming an addiction morning, noon and night. For over 20 years I did one form of management or another, suffered redundancy, and compulsory retirement at the end of a successful £30m project for the CS. I am now a pricing analyst for a large local company, comparing prices in the market place with ours to ensure that we remain competitive, and I absolutely rely on Excel to manage my data and reporting. To help me, and to deskill the job when I leave for real retirement next year, I am at long last wrestling with VBA (without formal training!), and do I need help? YES

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Hi Aquilaurae, and welcome to PCReview :wave:
Whereabouts in Hampshire?

Reaction score
Aquilaurae said:
I have been in computing for most of my working life from 1969, first as an assembler programmer, then COBOL and Burroughs operating systems. I chose to move away from the 'coal face' into management when I found that my work was becoming an addiction morning, noon and night. For over 20 years I did one form of management or another, suffered redundancy, and compulsory retirement at the end of a successful £30m project for the CS. I am now a pricing analyst for a large local company, comparing prices in the market place with ours to ensure that we remain competitive, and I absolutely rely on Excel to manage my data and reporting. To help me, and to deskill the job when I leave for real retirement next year, I am at long last wrestling with VBA (without formal training!), and do I need help? YES

Hi! Welcome! :wave:

I am Hampshire based as well - Farnborough.

Reaction score
'Appy from Andover

Thank you all very much for your welcome. As you can see above I live in Andover ( and work in Andover too). My children think it's an awful place, and I think the Council sucks especially when it comes to planning decisions. Why don't I do something about it: because I won't stand as Tory, Labour, Liberal or UKIP!

With best wishes to you all

Reaction score
Aquilaurae said:
I live in Andover ( and work in Andover too). My children think it's an awful place, and I think the Council sucks especially when it comes to planning decisions.

Cannot be any worse than Farnborough! :blush:

Ask a Question