An informational broadcast for our American readers

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
"In preparation of this post, every effort has been made to offer the most current, correct, and clearly expressed information possible. Nevertheless, inadvertent errors in information may occur. In particular but without limiting anything here, PCReview, and their owners thereof, disclaims any responsibility for typographical errors and accuracy of the information that may be contained in this post."

American speaking people, please note .. you do not speak American English ... you speak NO English whatsoever, you speak American ... As such ALL reference to American English will be removed from any media forthwith and any verbal references must be met with the appropriate corrections ... you speak American.

... get over it!

:user:

muckshifter

Reaction score
Crikey, Mucks, what brought that on? :confused:

the 3 hours figuring out how to correct ... American English (GB) ... to English!!!!

I did the correction ... now I'm informing them damn Yanks ... keep off the grass pal!. :)

:user:

this is a serious light humoured rant at Americans attempting to speak Englrish ... maybe

muckshifter

Reaction score
He's been reading linux wiki pages :drool: :lol:

no, they just gobbledegook ... Americans only know about America, well some of them. So I'm not overly surprised that an install of Linux crucifies the install with American English (GB) ... propter Engerlish speekers don't exist.

Took me a wee while to persuade that particular version of Linux how English should be represented! :)

I binned it in favour of a better version anyway. :wave:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The other day I was wondering which color to spray my automobile and thought it might be a good idea to spray the hood and the trunk different colors. To do this I better park it off the pavement and sidewalk or they may end up with odd colors on them as well.

There we are, American English, seen any good movies lately? (I could go on but won't).

Talking off oddities, from the time I was a small boy in short grey trousers I've always thought the word 'wee' referred to what we as little boys done up a tree when the parkie wasn't looking.

Only later did I discover those north of Hadrians Wall use the word 'wee' to describe something on the tiny side.

Still makes me snigger ;)

muckshifter

Reaction score
Aye laddie, yer ken reet ... geein it yaldi .. gees ah bosi ya cannie lad. :)

"Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!"

:wave:

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be, but the way I remember the first year of English at primary school (3rd grade, 1973-74), we spend an unholy amount of time trying to learn to pronounce "Her Majesty the Queen, Elizabeth the Second". This may or may not have caused lasting structural damage to my brain. I also remember that pronouncing "can't" the American way was a sure way to get thrown out of the class. Which came in handy at times.

Strange old bird, our teacher was. Methinks she must have had a fetish for all things Victorian.