    graphs on the ASP.NET page reflect the data that is being entered in the
    database from the files.

    thank you

    Luis Esteban Valencia Muñoz, Jun 3, 2005

  2. Luis Esteban Valencia Muñoz

    Scott Allen Guest

    Hi Luis:

    You can apply the same technique you currently use with the
    FileSystemWatcher. What you'll have to do is have the web forms poll
    from the client, perhaps by using a META tag to refresh every X
    seconds.

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

    Scott Allen, Jun 3, 2005

  3. it wont work if there are no clients...

    plus the aspnet worker process gets recycled and what would happen to the
    automated process then?? You really need to use a Windows Service... or not?

    Luis Esteban Valencia Muñoz, Jun 3, 2005
  4. Luis Esteban Valencia Muñoz

    Scott Allen Guest

    On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 13:25:12 -0500, "Luis Esteban Valencia Muñoz"
    <> wrote:

    >it wont work if there are no clients...

    If you are configured to shutdown an idle process, yes that's true.

    >plus the aspnet worker process gets recycled and what would happen to the
    >automated process then?? You really need to use a Windows Service... or not?

    A service would always be running, but your clients will still need to
    poll the web application.

    Scott Allen, Jun 4, 2005