AMD Radeon 290 (non-x) reviews are out!

Reaction score
So what does everyone think of the new R9-290 cards? Seems to be a lot of disparity over the performance - check out Tom's Hardware review:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-r9-290-review-benchmark,3659.html

It seems that this card is outperforming the 290X in some benchmarks (possible due to throttling from the poor cooling solutions AMD currently use?) - again, I guess we'll have to wait for 3rd party cooling solutions from Sapphire, Gigabyte etc before making a final judgement...

However, it is almost level with the GTX Titan in Battlefield 4... for $400... That's pretty amazing I reckon!

Good to get some healthy competition back into the gaming graphics market! :thumb:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I've just been reading through the reviews - certainly looks like you get good performance for the price. You tempted?

Reaction score
I've just been reading through the reviews - certainly looks like you get good performance for the price. You tempted?

Sorely! Going to wait for the non-reference coolers and probably upgrade...

Ask a Question