Alternative ListView control?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Dot NET Framework Forms' started by cody, Aug 13, 2004.

  1. cody

    cody Guest

    System.Windows.ListView is incredible slow if filling huge amounts of data
    in (>3000).
    Additionally there is no such thing like good ol callback-items in .NET. Why
    didn't they allowed a similar behaviour with databinding in ListView?
    Is there a workaround for that? Is is possible to use the winapi to fill a
    System.Windows.ListView or is there a good third party ListView?

    Do not tell me something about DataGrid - this is the most crappy control
    I've ever seen, and it is for most tasks unusable.
    I want to create a huge explorer like file list which I then want to display
    to the user.

    Any ideas?

    --
    cody

    Freeware Tools, Games and Humour
    http://www.deutronium.de.vu || http://www.deutronium.tk

    cody, Aug 13, 2004

  2. cody

    Sijin Joseph Guest

    Have you tried the Virtual ListView control at WindowsForms.net
    http://www.windowsforms.net/ControlGallery/ControlDetail.aspx?Control=214&tabindex=0

    --
    Sijin Joseph
    http://www.indiangeek.net

    Sijin Joseph, Aug 13, 2004
  3. Cody,
    Good news.

    It appears that .NET 2.0 adds support for virtual items to the ListView!

    http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/libra...System_Windows_Forms_ListView_VirtualMode.asp

    http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/libra...em_Windows_Forms_ListView_VirtualListSize.asp

    http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/libra...indows_Forms_ListView_RetrieveVirtualItem.asp

    I have not had a chance to play with the virtual list view in Beta 1 yet.

    I have played with the ListView.Groups which may be helpful in a couple of
    places...

    http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/libra...ml/P_System_Windows_Forms_ListView_Groups.asp

    Hope this helps
    Jay

    Jay B. Harlow [MVP - Outlook], Aug 13, 2004
  4. cody

    JiriNovotny

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Check out the Better ListView .NET control from Component Owl. It supports complex data-binding, and is generally superior to the common .net list view.

    JiriNovotny, Feb 22, 2011
  5. cody

    Dej

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    You can try out the IntegralUI ListView control. It is high performance and very customizable control. The load of 10,000 items can be done instantly.

    Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
    Dej, Apr 15, 2011