    my image to be sure that i have everything from networking and management
    side.
    Thank you in advance

    vision4u, Dec 5, 2008

  2. Local User accounts have limit rights to make system changes. You could add
    the RUN AS services and have the local user make the changes using the Admin
    account.

    Regards,

    Sean Liming
    www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com
    Book Author - XP Embedded Advanced, XP Embedded Supplemental Toolkit

    Sean Liming \(MVP\), Dec 5, 2008

  3. vision4u

    vision4u Guest

    Dear Sean,

    First of all thank you for your reply.I recently bought your books which
    are guiding me very well in development of my project.

    I have added the Runas component . I have noticed that i am still not alowed
    to manage Netwok connections as a local user , RUnas is not activated for the
    Network Connections but is activated for example for "Add Hardware" in
    Control Panel.

    Any Suggestions?

    Regards

    Ferhan

    vision4u, Dec 6, 2008
  4. Local User accounts have limit rights to make system changes. You could add

    Sean Liming \(MVP\), Dec 12, 2008
  5. Interesting. Open CMD.EXE with RUNAS and then try opening control panel or
    run netsh.exe.

    Sean Liming \(MVP\), Dec 12, 2008
  6. vision4u

    vision4u Guest

    Dear Sean,

    Thank you for your reply. Netsh.exe didnt work as well. What i have noticed
    is that with a XP pro sp2 installed on my laptop , the local user(who is
    added to Network Operators Group) can see the ip and can change the settings
    in tcp/ ip settings page .
    IN my embedded system , the local user(who is added to Network Operators
    Group) can see only "get automatic ip " settings marked even if the ip adress
    is already set as a static ip from administrator. So when i type a static ip
    , mask and gateway ,it asks for a reboot but comes up with the ''get
    automatic ip" marked and ip adress unchanged.
    I have loaded your full xp pro sp2 component to my image to see any
    components missing but i had the same problem above. what can we miss as a
    component or a setting different from the xp pro in my laptop compared to Xp
    embedded.? Maybe the local user cant write the ip info somewhere in the
    system , i dont know.

    Thank You

    Best Regards

    Ferhan

    vision4u, Dec 15, 2008
  7. Have you tried turning off IPv6 in the Full XPe Pro image?

    Sean Liming \(MVP\), Dec 16, 2008
  8. vision4u

    vision4u Guest

    Dear Sean,

    Hello , I have removed IPv6 but didnt work out. By the way i m using Windows
    Embedded so i downloaded Windows XP embeeded to see if its a service pack 3
    issue and had the full XP pro slx there to see if i am missing something. I
    have come across the same problem . I have gone through all the GPO 's .I
    cant change the ip adress in the local user even if the user is added to
    Network operators group. Can you advice something?

    Thank you

    Best Regards
    Ferhan

    vision4u, Dec 18, 2008