    Thanks!!

    --
    Remove 'spam' from email address to contact me directly

    Karl Burrows, Nov 17, 2004

  2. Karl Burrows

    Guest Guest

    Hi, Karl -

    Do you have control of the webserver? If so, what about configuring the
    webserver to listen on an additional port and blocking port 80 (http), port
    25 and 110 (email) and so on at the router?

    For instance, if your webserver is configured to listen on both port 80 (the
    standard web port) and say, port 76 (I just made that one up) then your
    shortcut on the sales workstation could point to http://yoursite.com:76 and
    as long as that port was open on the router the guy could get through to the
    company website but no others :)

    For IE security only you could put all sites in the 'restricted sites' zone
    on the workstation and then put your sales site in the 'trusted sites' zone,
    but that wouldn't affect email at all - only web browsing.

    Just a couple of ideas here - I'm sure there will be others.

    good luck!

    Guest, Nov 17, 2004

  3. it is possable... peer guardian (methlabs.org) in the block list, put a
    range of addresses that doesn't include your range of address you want to
    access and save the file.

    KK

    Kaptain Krunch, Nov 17, 2004
  4. You can use something like WinProxy = www.ositis.com with a *White List*
    that only allows the sites on your list. This provides a pretty good way to
    do what you want.

    I've used it running on a firewall computer to keep the websites available
    on the LAN down to a critical few.
    How it works in firewalling the WinProxy computer itself is subject to
    settings, etc. and you should verify that you can do what you want.
    Then, perhaps you would want to make the WinProxy settings unreachable with
    a password or some such....

    Fred

    I've not tried it

    Fred Marshall, Nov 17, 2004
  5. "Karl Burrows" <> wrote in

    > Is there a way to setup something like and ACL (Access Control List)
    > to allow a computer in a network to only be allowed access to one
    > Website only. No other computers, no email, etc. I am setting up a
    > sales station and it would only be allowed to our Website. I am using
    > a simple NetGear wireless router (current version). I can see where
    > you can block certain sites or keywords, but nothing that would be
    > reverse of that. Computer is XP Pro SP2.
    >
    > Thanks!!

    Sure, although probably not with just that router. The simplest solution
    would be to upgrade to a router that allows ACL's. Any cisco router with
    2 ethernet interfaces will work just fine. The loswet cost current model
    is probably the 831, but there are plenty of lower cost older models
    available on ebay.

    As an alternative you could place another PC between your client
    PC and the router and configure it as a router with only one route or as
    a firewall using ipchains, iptables or a freeware firewall like
    smoothwall as well.

    Secret Squirrel, Nov 17, 2004
  6. Karl Burrows

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Karl Burrows" <> wrote in

    > Is there a way to setup something like and ACL (Access Control List)
    > to allow a computer in a network to only be allowed access to one
    > Website only. No other computers, no email, etc. I am setting up a
    > sales station and it would only be allowed to our Website. I am using
    > a simple NetGear wireless router (current version). I can see where
    > you can block certain sites or keywords, but nothing that would be
    > reverse of that. Computer is XP Pro SP2.
    >
    > Thanks!!

    You may be able to go directly to the machine and do it using IPsec.

    http://www.petri.co.il/block_web_browsing_with_ipsec.htm

    You'll have to play around and see what you can and cannot do.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Nov 18, 2004
  7. Karl Burrows

    Karl Burrows Guest

    I think I figured it out. If I create a hosts file with only that domain
    and IP address and assign a static IP with no DNS, that should block all
    network traffic except the site I want. What do you think?

    Karl Burrows, Nov 18, 2004
  8. Karl Burrows

    BLH Guest

    "Karl Burrows" <> wrote in message news:<X4Bmd.80198$>...
    > Is there a way to setup something like and ACL (Access Control List) to
    > allow a computer in a network to only be allowed access to one Website only.
    > No other computers, no email, etc. I am setting up a sales station and it
    > would only be allowed to our Website. I am using a simple NetGear wireless
    > router (current version). I can see where you can block certain sites or
    > keywords, but nothing that would be reverse of that. Computer is XP Pro
    > SP2.
    >
    > Thanks!!

    If you use the firewall in the Netgear router you can set a rule to
    allow http and/or https to a specific IP address (your website) and
    disallow everything else. You might want to allow a couple of others -
    MS updates/AV updates etc.

    The downside of this is that if your website has links to other
    websites you need to include these as well or they won't work.

    Brian

    BLH, Nov 18, 2004
  9. Karl Burrows

    googxmsr

    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    USING IPCOP VER 2.0 FIREWALL AND COPFILTER AND COPPLUS

    Cop plus will do this

    Services -> Content Filter -> Blacklist Edit -> Left column, scroll down to blanket block change to **

    Save and restart dansguardian

    Back

    Greylist Edit -> Left column, scroll down to bottom and and specific sites, example youtube.com (dont add www)

    Save and restart dansguardian.

    Enjoy.

    googxmsr, Sep 8, 2012