All Talk Talk users--- please reply

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Hi I'm hacked of with AOL at the moment and am thinking of changing my ISP . AOL told me on the phone today that Talk Talk will ,

Not allow Peer to Peer file sharing eg torrents etc

Not allow attatchments to E-mails

Not give support unless you subscribe to their Security package

That support costs £2 per call

This is not quite what Talk Talk say in their adverts .
So if you have been using Talk Talk and have experienc of their service could you post here and give us all some user related feedback about this service . It would be most helpfull . :D

Reaction score
DO NOT go to talk talk unless you want to go insane!
Look at BBC Watchdog
I know a few TT customers who are getting out of their contracts because the service is so crap!!!
Poor service, bad connections, poor customer service, i could go on!

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Not allow Peer to Peer file sharing eg torrents etc

Not allow attatchments to E-mails

Not give support unless you subscribe to their Security package

That support costs £2 per call

Is that what they said? :eek: Naughty, naughty AOL :lol: My dad is with TT and he sends attachments all the time, doesn't have the security package but has dealt with support once before.

He's reasonably happy with it for the price (basically the call plan), but I wouldn't go with them at the moment if you want a high-speed, reliable ISP. Fine for occasional home users or on a budget, but you do get what you pay for. I almost joined a few months ago when I first heard about the offer, but now I'm paying £20/m with demon.net and extremely happy :D

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I did say a few months back that it would backfire on a few people because you don't get anything for free in this world....

But saying that about a month ago i did connect and install TalkTalk for someone and it was the most painfree easiest install of Broadband i had ever done, and worked flawlessly from the off and still is as far as i know...It was even faster than my 1 mb Ntl Cable connection...Although i have just been upgraded to 2mb now for free so i'm not complaining anymore...;)

Dunstone was quoted as saying in the press "that he was surprised at the amount of subscribers to TalkTalk free broadband"....What the hell did he expect when the word free was in the description....

So it doesn't surprise me that something had to give and its always customer service that is the bane of most companys as that costs big time...:(

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
crazylegs said:
So it doesn't surprise me that something had to give and its always customer service that is the bane of most companys as that costs big time...:(

Yup, good CS is something that I now highly value. I was never too fussed as I've never really needed to ring support lines, but after dealing with United Utilities I changed my mind ;) Belkin CS was fantastic when my router broke :thumb:

Reaction score
Yeah my Parents are with Talk Talk, to my knowledge no problems as yet!

In the iterview that guy did say that the £2 cahrge was only for people ringing with problems other that a Talk Talk one. So if you ring because your printer aint working, And apparently people do, then you will get charged for it.

Reaction score
I'm with Talk Talk for telephone and it's fine, just would not use their Broadband Service.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Thanks folks .
Was quite happy with AOL till this year . As a fairly new pc user I never checked my connection speed till earlier in the year as I was having connection probs . Seems my line will omnly take 512kbs so the Gold AOL I was on was no use . AOL did refund the price difference I'd been paying but never put me on to their Silver as theyd promised . Been busy with other things , storm burnt out a modem . took AOL 14 days to sort the prob and get a new one to me , yes they did give me 2 weeks free connection but not the cost of me calls to support . Lots of speed probs last 5 months and at 7.5p a min supports a joke . So I'm pretty hacked of with em . Last straw today when i got round to checking me card statements . They were still charging me for Gold £24.99 . Turffed into em on the phone and finaly they offered me their Silver £17.99 but as i'd been having loads of probs and was a good customer they offerd to give me a FREE month and their Silver at £9.99 a month on a month by month basis , no 12 month contract . So I might stay with em for a while though I like TT's all in plan as I could phone folks around the world for free .
Still £17.99 down to £9.99 ain't bad . Guess dealing with all them farmers throughout me life taught me a thing or two about haggling .

:D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'm with Zen.

They're the best (go on, check it out).

£25.00 a month, not half as much as all the others offer, but what they do offer, is delivered.

And that's the difference.

Look at all the UK ISP reviews, Zen win year after year.

Now look at the small print in some ISP agreements, notably Orange and Talk Talk.

Good, isn't it? Not.

Listen, there is nothing for nothing in this world, read the fine print, and the sooner peeps wake up to that the better.

How much bandwidth do you use per month? Zen recently introduced a customer portal where you can check out your monthly bandwidth usage, mine ranged from 4Gb to 8Gb, which surprised me. Must be all that online gaming :)

2Gb webspace, excellent helpline, e-mails are responded to within six hours, monthly contract

Been with Zen 3.5 years. yes, they're more expensive but they really do seem to be the best.

Your call, your choice.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I'm with Zen.

Can you clap with one hand .
laughingsmiley.gif

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I've just moved away for AOL myself, Been with http://www.nildram.net/ for about 3 weeks.

I couldn't stand the useless customer support, and the fact you have to pay for it too!!
laughingsmiley.gif

They are a joke, the only thing they got going for them is that there is no monthly download limit, but their speeds are slower than they should be, and i did notice it get slower in the evening, sometime quite a lot. :mad:

Nildram are great, Customer support are uk based. (Stoke Manderville) 24/7 tech support on a freephone number.

'My Controls' page to see usage, personal details, account info, order status and more.

I do have a 50GB transfer limit, but that only during peak time. midnight - 8AM.
So any big downloads, just do them over night. But i doubt you would use the whole 50 Gigs a month.

:D:thumb:

Ask a Question