ALL PEOPLE HAVIN PROPLEMS WITH SP2.

SuBZeRO

Make a WinXP cd with Sp2 Slipstream. dont install it from ur desktop and do
a clean install of winxp sp2rc1. it should work supereb. I have even have an
error yet with mine copy. it runs lke a dream. soooo stable. GoOD JOB on
this Bill.

Mike Brannigan [MSFT]

SuBZeRO said:
Make a WinXP cd with Sp2 Slipstream. dont install it from ur desktop and do
a clean install of winxp sp2rc1. it should work supereb. I have even have an
error yet with mine copy. it runs lke a dream. soooo stable. GoOD JOB on
this Bill.

For the millions of users of Windows XP a clean install may not be an
option.
There is no reason to perform a clean install to just apply a Service Pack.
If you are having problems with SP2 RC1 then please post these to the SP2
RC1 newsgroups.
That way we can see what the remaining or new issues are that are being fed
back from the Preview customers.

Newsgroups to support the SP2 Preview detailed at
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/sp2preview.mspx

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

SuBZeRO

well that wat i did. ive read all the problem people its been havin with it.
i have had none problems with it. i justed wanted to share..

Mike Brannigan [MSFT]

SuBZeRO said:
well that wat i did. ive read all the problem people its been havin with it.
i have had none problems with it. i justed wanted to share..

By all means share your findings but beware of making blanket statements to
possible misleading or potentially injurious advice
People are not having a significant number of problems with the RC of SP2.
If you look at the correct newsgroups that support the SP2 Preview you will
see an extremely low incidence of problems.

My point was it is not great advice top recommend a full clean install just
for a SP. These are designed and tested to be deployed to live running
systems. Otherwise how else would you deploy a service pack to 10,000 plus
desktops in a corporate ?

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]