All Kinds of Problems with Upgrade

G

With first installation over Windows 98 and Windows 98SE, XP would not recognize anything previously installed in C Drive. Registered online the first time. Tried reinstalling programs so that XP would recognize but problems compounded so decided to format C drive and start with fresh install. Reinstalled Windows 98 and then Windows XP and all devices but began having serious device problems and XP kept crashing Registered online second time. Exasperated, formatted again (thank God I have this laptop) because my desktop is useless until I get this worked out. I unhooked printer, scanner and webcam until I figure out which device is the culprit. Should I download updated drivers from manufacturers before I reconnect equipment? Will there be a problem having to register this installation CD so many times?

G

I never register a reinstall until lately. I haven't had a problem with anyone because of it
Kind of curious to see of you get this. I'd say more.

Ask a Question