Alf's Frankenstein subwoofer experiment.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Hey yall! I've been goofing around lately with my PC speaker setup.

I have both a Logitech Z-5500 and a Z-5300. And I was thinking to myself, in a typical American way, what If I hooked both systems up to the same computer? :D

Ultimately that proved unfeasible.

But I did manage to get both sub-woofers to work in tandem, even thought there is a slight delay on one of them. So I guess it works.

Its silly, I know.... I gotta say it quite entertaining to play either heavy bass style music or THX sub woofer test. Infact I have to say that the THX Bass test is down right terrifying.
(
)

Coke can for size reference.

Attachments

• wmEfA.jpg
    wmEfA.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 272

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Hey yall! I've been goofing around lately with my PC speaker setup.

I have both a Logitech Z-5500 and a Z-5300. And I was thinking to myself, in a typical American way, what If I hooked both systems up to the same computer? :D

Ultimately that proved unfeasible.

But I did manage to get both sub-woofers to work in tandem, even thought there is a slight delay on one of them. So I guess it works.

Its silly, I know.... I gotta say it quite entertaining to play either heavy bass style music or THX sub woofer test. Infact I have to say that the THX Bass test is down right terrifying.
(
)

Coke can for size reference.

You wild thing :thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I just have to ask - why?

There's all sorts of things to consider here, not the least being impedance, dynamics and harmonics.

My advice? Don't do it, it no worth it, and it will probably sound worse than it did originally.

Unless, of course, you're a dab hand with a soldering iron, bypassing crossovers (either active or passive) and determining series/paralell ohmage.