After Installing XP CD's Will Not Work

G

I just got Windows XP Pro and installed it on a new 120GB hard drive. The installation went okay. Unfortunately, non eof my cd's work. I have tried installing Office 2003, Easy Cd and other programs. I always get the same error, "Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed". I cannot find anything in the Knowledge base in regards to this error. I know the cd's work because I tried them on another system running Widows 2000. I also installed WIndows 2000 on my computer then upgraded to XP and still run into the same problem. I did install the latest service packs and updates

I would appreciate any help and solution

Thanks
Sue

G

I still have a problem with getting the CDs to autorun - they won't. Have you tried executing the program through run> and browse for the executable file? I'll let you know if I find any other answer to the autorun problem.

G

Autorun definitely does not work, I will try the fixes, but I am getting these errors attempting to run the set up program right from the cd through start -> run. I have even tried it through the browser. It also takes forever to try and display anything on that drive.

Ask a Question