Advice on external HDD?

Reaction score
I need your views.
nod.gif

Here’s my intention, as I build PCs for some people> who cannot leave the PC alone I.E. don’t know what they are doing and inevitably it crashes
wallbash.gif

So if I were to purchase something like this. http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=18311755841&action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=108774

Then on each build completed copy the system HDD to the above before the customer/s get their hands on it:eek: .

I could store quite a number of systems on the aforementioned External HDD, therefore instead of reinstalling all the updates etc just format the crashed system and copy the original set-up from storage. Is this feasible? Has anyone here done or is doing this? ;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Ghost an image to a CD, put their name on it, when they call or you call on them ... pop the CD in and restore. HDs fail. ;)

You just looking for an excuse to buy a new toy. :p

:D

Reaction score
Ghost an image to a CD, put their name on it, when they call or you call on them ... pop the CD in and restore. HDs fail. ;)
I do that but I have CDs all around the house and the mrs keeps trying them in the music player:lol:

You just looking for an excuse to buy a new toy. :p
Drat you twiged:lol:

Reaction score
I bought a Western Digital 80GB External HDD from staples just before Christmas who had it the cheapest for £49.99. It does the job and was cheaper than buying a USB flash drive. But for the price you can get 250GB External HD for, go for it:thumb:

Reaction score
feckit said:
I bought a Western Digital 80GB External HDD from staples just before Christmas who had it the cheapest for £49.99. It does the job and was cheaper than buying a USB flash drive. But for the price you can get 250GB External HD for, go for it:thumb:

:nod: ;)

Ask a Question