advanced pop3 and smtp settings

bobkupferer

I have recently added windows mail with gmail.com and I failed to enter the
pop3 and smtp settings in the advanced mode.
how do i reconfiguire this information;
thanks

R. C. White

HI, bobkupferer.

Are you asking HOW to enter the information? Or WHAT settings to enter?

I've never used Gmail, but the method for entering the settings is the same
in Outlook Express, Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail:

From the Menu Bar, click Tools | Accounts..., choose Mail Accounts, then
Add - or Properties if the Account already exists. There are several tabs;
the ones you want are Servers and then Advanced.

Since I don’t have Gmail, I'll let someone else furnish the settings you
need for that.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

bobkupferer

please understand that i am a computer dummy but when i click on tools in xp
it does not show an accounts option?
thank you so much bobk

Bruce Hagen

It took two months to get back here?

Tools in XP? You are asking this question in the Windows Vista Mail
newsgroup. What OS and e-mail client are you using, if you know?

This is for Outlook Express in XP and earlier, but it applies to Windows
Mail in Vista as well.

1: Enabling POP in your Gmail account:
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13273

2: Configuring your email client for Gmail: Outlook Express and Outlook
2002:
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13276&topic=1556

Set up your Outlook Express client to work with Gmail:
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=76147
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"(e-mail address removed)" <[email protected]>