Advance Notice.... New Website for Photo Story 2

• Thread starter PapaJohn \(MVP\)
  • Start date
P

PapaJohn \(MVP\)

Monday will be the first anniversary of my website for Movie Maker 2.... and the number of daily visitors has gone up by a factor of more than 10 since it started.

There's a number of trends happening within the digital multimedia area... one of them that I'm interested in is photographers who want to show their work in video format instead of slides. Two of them who I've been working with for the past few months have learned so much about Movie Maker 2 that I'm having a hard time getting them interested in the Photo Story 2 software included in the Digital Media Plus pack, software that might be more suited to their needs.

My focus has been so fully on Movie Maker 2 that I've let things like Photo Story go by.... but I see so many people like the photographers not using it, and it's such a great software package. Similar, but not the same as MM2, you use it to create video files from your still pictures.

I developed a new website devoted to it, one that I'll be updating daily with my Movie Maker 2 site. My formal announcement of the new site.... to the other newsgroup that covers it.... will be on Monday, commemorating the first anniversary of the MM2 website.

I polished the website off last night, adding a page titled 'Photo Story Working with Movie Maker 2'. It's now ready for visitors... check it out at:

www.photostory.papajohn.org

Hilarie and Randy are the two photographers who I've been working with. They provided some examples of their work to help me add some eye candy to the new site.... the website is partially devoted to them..... now if I can only convince them to stop using MM2 for everything, and start using Photo Story 2, at least for some of their presentations.

The site includes a section titled 'Using Photo Story 2 and Movie Maker 2 Together - Tips and Tricks'. Browse through that page and you'll see why I'm so attracted to adding Photo Story 2 to my active area of interest.

PapaJohn

J

John Kelly

Papajohn,

You are still sending out HTML formatted messages. These messages can carry a
virus. I am NOT saying that yours do. Anyone reading such a message who does
not know how to force Usenet messages to appear as text only could catch a
virus. My system has numbered this one as ....

J

John Kelly

Mr Print_Maker,

I do like your name by the way.............

You are sending out newsgroup messages to a news group that does not
specifically allow this...therefore this is bad manners...it is also the way
those less fortunate than most (those who do not know how to block these things)
get there systems infected with Trojans, virus's etc...my system recorded this
in the following way..........

Cool to see you doing PhotoStory as well, it's a super tool.
<< Attached file: 1692.htm (481 bytes) >>

G

PapaJohn

Since I have (only) a bunch of digital photographs (i.e., no video), I've been exploring various ways to make slideshow videos too

I've all but given up on using WMM2 for photos; there's just too much manual effort involved to get to a finished product (a disk that will playback in a conventional stand-alone DVD player). One of the neatest features of Photo Story is adding the illusion of motion to pictures by *automatically* zooming in. But my #1 requirement for slideshows is an option to "fit slides to background music", so that the slide and music end at the same time. So far, I've only found two third-party packages that do this

Da

----- PapaJohn (MVP) wrote: ----

Monday will be the first anniversary of my website for Movie Maker 2.... and the number of daily visitors has gone up by a factor of more than 10 since it started

There's a number of trends happening within the digital multimedia area... one of them that I'm interested in is photographers who want to show their work in video format instead of slides. Two of them who I've been working with for the past few months have learned so much about Movie Maker 2 that I'm having a hard time getting them interested in the Photo Story 2 software included in the Digital Media Plus pack, software that might be more suited to their needs

My focus has been so fully on Movie Maker 2 that I've let things like Photo Story go by.... but I see so many people like the photographers not using it, and it's such a great software package. Similar, but not the same as MM2, you use it to create video files from your still pictures

I developed a new website devoted to it, one that I'll be updating daily with my Movie Maker 2 site. My formal announcement of the new site.... to the other newsgroup that covers it.... will be on Monday, commemorating the first anniversary of the MM2 website

I polished the website off last night, adding a page titled 'Photo Story Working with Movie Maker 2'. It's now ready for visitors... check it out at:

www.photostory.papajohn.or

Hilarie and Randy are the two photographers who I've been working with. They provided some examples of their work to help me add some eye candy to the new site.... the website is partially devoted to them..... now if I can only convince them to stop using MM2 for everything, and start using Photo Story 2, at least for some of their presentations

The site includes a section titled 'Using Photo Story 2 and Movie Maker 2 Together - Tips and Tricks'. Browse through that page and you'll see why I'm so attracted to adding Photo Story 2 to my active area of interest

PapaJohn

J

John Kelly

Hi There,

The software you may be looking for then is called MuVee and is
available from http://www.muvee.com/of its basic claims is you supply the
snaps and music we supply the result...it fits things together automatically
so that slides are displayed for the necessary time so that the video
finishes with the music.

A friend of mine is handling the UK sales and is sending me a copy to
have a play with....but from what he says...it sounds quite good

Best Wishes.....John Kelly