ADSL Down

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Looks like my ADSL routers power supply failed last night so I've got no proper internet connection for a bit unless I cobble together a new supply before the new adapter arrives :mad:

Seems to work ok from a 9v battery, so I'm sure I can mash up old old power supply for a couple of hours ;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Have a look at my kettle for me while your at it ... :thumb:

:D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
OK I've used an old 12v 500ma supply for my router (which says 12V, 1.25a max). Do you think I'd be safe with this for a day or two? I've disabled the onboard wireless to reduce power consumption.

I'm hunting for new power supplies around the house a bit closer to 1.25a, but can't find any @ 12V.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Yeah sure ... it will be fine with the fire Extinguisher sitting right next to it. :thumb:

;)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Is that the same router you've been having problems with Ian?

Maybe just as cost effective to buy a new one - may sort out that problem as well?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, the very same one! I was going to buy a new one, and as I took the box out I saw it had "lifetime warranty" on the side. Rang belkin, and a new adapter is in the post arriving tomorrow - if that doesn't fix the restarting problems too then they'll replace the whole thing :D They said it was probably the power adapter cutting out (makes sense when I think about it, as I had to unplug the adapter for a couple of mins sometimes).

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Great news Ian :)

I know some folks don't like Belkin stuff, but their lifetime warranty is great - and they never seem to quibble :thumb:

I love my Belkin :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I have some newfound liking for them now :D I was very impressed with the ease of replacing a component - I'm glad I spotted the sticker on the box saying lifetime warranty!

The mashup power connector seems to be doing the trick for the time being, and the warranty has just saved me £60 :D

Ask a Question