    restore the latest systemstate backup on this DC before i connect it back to
    the network.

    Some articles suggest this and i just want to confirm this.

    gurvinder.nijjar, Apr 26, 2006

  2. no, do not disconnect

    instead disable replication

    see:
    http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/jorge/archive/2005/11/19/110.aspx

    --

    Cheers,
    (HOPEFULLY THIS INFORMATION HELPS YOU!)

    # Jorge de Almeida Pinto # MVP Windows Server - Directory Services

    BLOG --> http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/jorge/default.aspx
    * This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights!
    * Always test before implementing!

    Jorge de Almeida Pinto [MVP], Apr 26, 2006

  3. gurvinder.nijjar

    Jmnts Guest

    Hi

    You need the Schema Master role to perform adprep /forestprep
    and You need the I.M to perform the adprep /domainprep

    Like Jorge Said disable the replication instead.

    --
    I Hop that helps

    Best Regards
    Systems Administrator
    MCSA + Exchange

    Jmnts, Apr 26, 2006
  4. how would you disable replication.

    Would restoring the systemstate on the DC roll it back to the previous
    schema

    gurvinder.nijjar, Apr 26, 2006
  5. to disable AD replication (not SYSVOL) -->
    REPADMIN /OPTIONS <FQDN DC> +DISABLE_OUBOUND_REPL +DISABLE_INBOUND_REPL

    In combination with the above to disable SYSVOL replication-->
    SC.EXE \\<FQDN DC> STOP NTFRS
    SC.EXE \\<FQDN DC> CONFIG NTFRS START= DISABLED (don't forget
    the SPACE between = and disabled!)

    If you execute this command both INBOUND and OUTBOUND replication is
    disabled so that NOTHING comes in or goes out!

    If you update the schema and the domain AS LONG AS REPLICATION IS DISABLED,
    you only need to restore that particular DC (non-authoritative) using a
    backup that does not have the updates to the schema and the domain/sysvol

    If you update the schema while replication is enabled the only way to
    restore to the state without the schema is to restore ALL DCs in the forest

    Reading the BLOG article may give you more information

    Jorge de Almeida Pinto [MVP], Apr 26, 2006