Administrative privileges

Jimmie Rand

I have Windows XP Home. I now have three applications that tells me that I
need "Administrative privileges " to use the application. My account is the
only account setup with the exception of the guest account. How did I lose
the administrative privileges?

Tommy

Don't know how you lost them (or if you've ever had them),
but you can give yourself privaledges fairly easily...

1. Log in as 'administrator'
2. Go to Control Panel
3. Open up Administrative Tools
4. Open up Computer Management
5. Open the Users and Groups setting
6. Open the Groups folder
7. Open 'Administrators'
8. click on Add and give youself (and the other two users
if you want) administrator rights.

ram

I do not see User and Groups selection in Computer Management console. in
Administrative Tools. I have Administration privilege.
-ram

rifleman

I do not see User and Groups selection in Computer Management console. in
Administrative Tools. I have Administration privilege.

Under System Tools - Local Users and Groups.

Ted

Jimmie Rand said:
Sorry, I still can not find the file. It is not in System Tools.

What the gormless rifleman didn't read from your original post, was that you have XP Home, which does not have the users and groups settings like Pro has. You'll need to do what you want by starting in Safe Mode, under that Admin account, then install what you want.

rifleman

" Ted" <""""> said:
What the gormless rifleman didn't read from your original post, was that =
you have XP Home,
Why not just say that in the first place you shitbag?
I wouldn't give you the steam off my piss you idle ****er.

Jimmie Rand

When I tried to install the Pinnacle program from safe mode logged in as the
administrator, I got the same message that I need "Administrative
privileges." What is going on?