Address Selected field box does not retain address in custom form.

Sandy

I have created a custom contact form using the standard
address field,
selector button etc. (same as on standard 2002 contact
form).

My problem is this, when I run the form and type in an
address THEN
click the address selector button, the "Address Selected"
box doesn't
retain the address that I already typed nor does it retain
the "other"
address. I have compared the properties and advanced
properties between
the standard contact form and my custom form and I'm not
seeing any
difference.

Any ideas what I could be overlooking?

Thank you so much,
Sandy

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

You have to click the address selector button first. The idea is that you
tell Outlook that you're displaying the Home address, then you type in the
home address; you're displaying the Other address, then you type in the
Other address; etc.

If this doesn't explain the issue, please provide exact steps to reproduce
the problem.

Sandy

Step by step:

Open New Contact, fill in name etc. Click in the Address
box (where the address is physically typed). The default
is Business Address and MailingAddressCheckbox is checked.

Type in Address per usual, then click on
AddressSelectorButton to choose "Home" for next address,
box clears text for new info. Click on
AddressSelectorButton again to go back to "Business"
address and all text is gone. The text box for Address did
not retain the address for Business nor for Home.

Sandy

ALSO, if I only type one address and Save and Close, when
I open the contact again, the address is gone.

sandy

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

You said this is a custom form, right? What field is the box where you're
typing the address bound to? It should be Address Selected.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

Sandy

Yes, it says Address Selected in the
Properties/Value/Field and Format of Control/Choose Field
box. Is there another way to make sure it is bound
properly?

thanks,
sandy

Sandy

Subject: Re: Address Selected field box does not retain
address in custom form.
From: "Sandy" <[email protected]> Sent:
3/26/2004 9:26:04 AM

Yes, it says Address Selected in the
Properties/Value/Field and Format of Control/Choose Field
box. Is there another way to make sure it is bound
properly?

thanks,
sandy

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

That's the right place. I can't duplicate the problem, unfortunately, with
the controls on the General page of a custom contact form. I have seen some
different anomalies if those controls are on a different page, though.

Is it possible that you have some code running behind the form that would
account for these symptoms?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

lynxwoman

Can I send you the form? There is some code in it but nothing regarding
addressing.

Thank you so much,
Sandy

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Either include it in your newsgroup post or post a URL to the file.

Also note: The newsgroup interface you are using apparently does not quote
earlier messages in the thread, making your latest message so short on
detail that you risk not getting the answer you're looking for. Please take
the time to quote the original message.

lynxwoman

I'm having difficulty attaching the .oft file to the newsgroup.

From: Sandy
Date Posted: 3/26/2004 9:26:00 AM

[...]

.

Re: Address Selected field box does not retain address in custom form.

From: Sandy
Date Posted: 3/28/2004 1:04:00 PM

address in custom form.

scroll down to webmaster info and there is a link to the
file called Contact Form. thanks for your time.

address in custom form.
From: "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]"
<[email protected]> Sent: 3/29/2004 8:23:30 AM

That's the right place. I can't duplicate the problem,
unfortunately, with
the controls on the General page of a custom contact form.
I have seen some
different anomalies if those controls are on a different
page, though.

Is it possible that you have some code running behind the
form that would
account for these symptoms?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

THe link is to the local file:///Z:/CorporateContact032904.oft, not to a web
URL.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

From: "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]"

Sandy said:
Yes, it says Address Selected in the
Properties/Value/Field and Format of Control/Choose Field
box. Is there another way to make sure it is bound
properly?
in

.

That's the right place. I can't duplicate the problem, unfortunately, with
the controls on the General page of a custom contact form. I have seen some
different anomalies if those controls are on a different page, though.

Is it possible that you have some code running behind the form that would
account for these symptoms?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

.

My IT department is checking the site to see why it won't open. Any suggestions of where else I could post on the web

----- Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] wrote: ----

THe link is to the local file:///Z:/CorporateContact032904.oft, not to a we
URL

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MV
Author o

Subject: Address Selected field box does not retain tex
From: "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]
unfortunately, wit
the controls on the General page of a custom contact form
I have seen som
different anomalies if those controls are on a differen
page, though
Is it possible that you have some code running behind th
form that woul
account for these symptoms
Sue Mosher, Outlook MV
Author o
Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart fo
Administrators, Power Users, and Developer
http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.asp
Yes, it says Address Selected in th
Properties/Value/Field and Format of Control/Choose Fiel
box. Is there another way to make sure it is boun
properly i
That's the right place. I can't duplicate the problem, unfortunately, with
the controls on the General page of a custom contact form. I have seen some
different anomalies if those controls are on a different page, though. form that would
account for these symptoms?
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

You'll be happy to know that your form exhibits exactly the same behavior
here as you described. That's good, because it how means we have a test
scenario to work with. Still no indication what the cause or cure is. I'll
report back when I know more. You're using 0L2003, right?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

From: "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]"
[...]

OL2002 and THANKS!!!!!

You'll be happy to know that your form exhibits exactly the same behavior
here as you described. That's good, because it how means we have a test
scenario to work with. Still no indication what the cause or cure is. I'll
report back when I know more. You're using 0L2003, right?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of
3/31/2004 6:36:33 AM
From: "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]"
[...]

Have you had any luck determining the bug in the form?

thanks!
sandy

From: "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]"
[...]

As I said, it appears to be clear that there is a problem with that
function. That's all there is to know at this point.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

From: "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]"
[...]