address bar problem

news reader

when I click on address bar (on the right side) down
arrow, it won't open up anymore with previous entries

Don Varnau

Hi,
Which version of Windows?
Which version of Internet Explorer?

Have you installed a security/privacy program which clears Recent documents,
Run history, IE History, TypedURLs, etc?"

Are you clearing these items from right-click the Start button> Properties>
Customize> Remove records of recently accessed documents, etc?

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

news reader

Don Varnau said:
Hi,
Which version of Windows?

XP pro
Which version of Internet Explorer?
IE6

Have you installed a security/privacy program which clears Recent documents,

no

Run history, IE History, TypedURLs, etc?"
no

Are you clearing these items from right-click the Start button> Properties>
Customize> Remove records of recently accessed documents, etc?
sometimes

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

news reader said:
when I click on address bar (on the right side) down
arrow, it won't open up anymore with previous entries

Don Varnau

[Inline]
news reader said:
XP pro

sometimes

Clearing Recent documents, Run, etc in that way will also delete TypedURLs
(the drop-down list on the right end of the Address Bar.)

Also, addresses only end up in that list if they're typed or pasted into the
Address Bar. If you click a link or Favorite or type a URL into File> Open,
it won't go into the TypedURLs list.

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

news reader

You are right!
Clearing Recent documents, Run, etc in that way will also delete TypedURLs
(the drop-down list on the right end of the Address Bar.)

That's what must have happened.
Also, addresses only end up in that list if they're typed or pasted into
the
Address Bar. If you click a link or Favorite or type a URL into File> Open,
it won't go into the TypedURLs list.

Typing or copying an address now works (silly me), (I thought I was
restricted
to only one entry)..

Thanx heaps Don!

Don Varnau said:
[Inline]
news reader said:
XP pro

sometimes

Clearing Recent documents, Run, etc in that way will also delete TypedURLs
(the drop-down list on the right end of the Address Bar.)

Also, addresses only end up in that list if they're typed or pasted into the
Address Bar. If you click a link or Favorite or type a URL into File> Open,
it won't go into the TypedURLs list.

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

Don Varnau

news reader said:
You are right!
TypedURLs
(the drop-down list on the right end of the Address Bar.)

That's what must have happened.

the
Address Bar. If you click a link or Favorite or type a URL into File> Open,
it won't go into the TypedURLs list.

Typing or copying an address now works (silly me), (I thought I was
restricted
to only one entry)..

Thanx heaps Don!

You're welcome.