    manually, but I would ideally like something where I only have to press
    one button and have it done automatically, if it exists.

    Thanks in advance.

    cubilcle281, Oct 13, 2005

  2. cubilcle281

    Lotas Guest

    > Does anyone know of any software that does this? I know I can do this
    > manually, but I would ideally like something where I only have to press
    > one button and have it done automatically, if it exists.

    You may use whatever program you want to record and edit the sound,
    then certain image viewers such ad acdsee allow you to link the audio
    to the pictures.

    Btw, i'm glad to see i'm not the only one with such weird ideas
    (according to my family ;-)).

    regards

    Lotas, Oct 13, 2005

  3. cubilcle281

    Don Guest

    On 12 Oct 2005 18:43:38 -0700, "cubilcle281"
    <> wrote:

    >I would like to attach voice tags to some old family photos that I am
    >scanning.

    On a tangent - if memory serves - there was a (Kodak?) digicam a few
    years back with this exact feature!

    >The way I envisage this working is that I would scan the photos in
    >bulk, then later I would review the scans with a relative who would
    >provide commentary on the photos (who/where/time), that would be saved
    >to a wav file with the same name as the photo.
    >
    >Does anyone know of any software that does this? I know I can do this
    >manually, but I would ideally like something where I only have to press
    >one button and have it done automatically, if it exists.

    I don't think that's likely (but I may be wrong...) because it's a
    fairly specialized requirement.

    However, I expect some macro or scripting language out there may be
    capable of it but that means writing the macro yourself.

    Don.

    Don, Oct 13, 2005
  4. cubilcle281

    Peter D Guest

    I dont' know anything that will _embed_ an audio file in a scan (which is
    what I think you are asking), but there are lots of software packages that
    will allow you to easily _link_ an audio file to a graphics file (or almost
    anything to anything else). You could also add a _text_ file transcription
    of the audio file. Or video. Or whatever you want. Would that work for you?

    Peter D, Oct 13, 2005
  5. cubilcle281

    cubilcle281 Guest

    I was pretty sure that embedding the audio file was out of the
    question, but a link would suffice. I think someone else mentioned
    that ACDSee would play an audio file of the same name as a picture.

    The bigger issue for me is the software to create the audio file in the
    first place. What I am hoping for is a program that will display the
    picture, record the audio & save it under the same name, which saves me
    having to perform all those tasks manually (and many times over). If
    nothing like this exists, this might just be the excuse I need to dust
    off my VB manual.

    Thanks.

    cubilcle281, Oct 14, 2005
  6. Preston Earle, Oct 17, 2005