    would like the header to show "Competition 1 continued"

    Any ideas? Many thanks in anticipation.

    Jim

    Jim, Oct 22, 2004

  2. Jim wrote:

    >Is it possible to add detail to a Group Header for a report when the group
    >extends to more than one page?
    >
    >I am printing 1300 records grouped by Competition number. Some competitions
    >have so much data that it runs to more than one page. The Group Header is on
    >Comp Number and forces a new page at each change in Comp Number but where
    >the data goes to more than one page I would like to 'continued' after the
    >header detail.
    >
    >So the header is "Competition 1" - but where it extends to a second page I
    >would like the header to show "Competition 1 continued"

    Add a text box named txtLineCount to the Detail section.
    Set it expression to =1 and RunningSum property to Over
    Group.

    Next, add a lable control named lblContinue to the header
    section. Set its Caption to "(Continued)" and position it
    next to the competition number text box.

    Then use a line of code in the header section's Format event
    procedure to make the label visible as needed:

    Me.lblContinue.Visible = (Me.txtLineCount > 1)

    --
    Marsh
    MVP [MS Access]

    Marshall Barton, Oct 22, 2004

  3. Jim

    Guest Guest

    Dear Marshall,

    I have a report of "Task" records. Each record has a Task number and Task
    details, and task date. There may be more than one detail per Task, so there
    may be multiple records with the same Task number. The report is grouped
    first on Task number, then grouped on date. The task details are printed
    in the detail section of the report; the Task number is printed in the Task
    group header; and the date is printed in the Date group header. A new page
    is forced after each Date group footer. The Tasks for a given date may
    extend to a second page. In this case, I would like to print "Continued on
    the next page" in the page footer (or Date group header) of the first page of
    the Date group. I tried the text box solution you recommended, but the value
    increments for each record in the detailed section. I have the text box
    RunningSum set to Over Group.

    What am I doing wrong. Is the nested grouping the problem. If so, is there
    another solution.

    Thank You,
    Joseph

    What

    Guest, Nov 3, 2004
  4. Joseph wrote:
    >I have a report of "Task" records. Each record has a Task number and Task
    >details, and task date. There may be more than one detail per Task, so there
    >may be multiple records with the same Task number. The report is grouped
    >first on Task number, then grouped on date. The task details are printed
    >in the detail section of the report; the Task number is printed in the Task
    >group header; and the date is printed in the Date group header. A new page
    >is forced after each Date group footer. The Tasks for a given date may
    >extend to a second page. In this case, I would like to print "Continued on
    >the next page" in the page footer (or Date group header) of the first page of
    >the Date group. I tried the text box solution you recommended, but the value
    >increments for each record in the detailed section. I have the text box
    >RunningSum set to Over Group.
    >
    >What am I doing wrong. Is the nested grouping the problem. If so, is there
    >another solution.

    The nested grouping is getting in the way. An Over Group
    running sum text box counts the number of items in the group
    containing the section with the text box. In your case, it
    is reset for each task group so the date group never gets to
    see the total for all the details in a date group.

    This is easily overcome by adding another Over Group running
    sum text box named txtDateCount to the task group footer
    section using the expression =txtLineCount.

    Then the code in the page footer can test the value of
    txtDateCount against the date group header section's
    =Count(*) text box to determine if there is more date group
    data to come.

    --
    Marsh
    MVP [MS Access]